What's new

My new Proctor Silex Hot Pot.

I just bought this new PS Hot Pot. It replaces the Rival Hot Pot, that I bought at Bed Bath and Beyond. The PS has a thicker cord, three prong plug, see through cavity and the electrical cord is thicker, just seems to be more of a quality product than the Rival.

Here's an idea: what you can do, is put water in the hot pot, put it on warm, perhaps find a Pyrex bowl that will fit, and keep your lather warm that way. I would have done it that way, but I bought a quaich that cost too much and fits perfectly.

Here's a photograph:

V

VR6ofpain

Heh, I noticed one of those Rival's in my fiancee's mother's place, when we stayed there last weekend. It was on the floor in the garage like no one wanted it anymore. I did notice a lot of mineral build up all over the heating element inside.

Heh, I noticed one of those Rival's in my fiancee's mother's place, when we stayed there last weekend. It was on the floor in the garage like no one wanted it anymore. I did notice a lot of mineral build up all over the heating element inside.

Mineral build up can easily be cleaned off with either Lime Away, or hot vinegar.

I just bought this new PS Hot Pot. It replaces the Rival Hot Pot, that I bought at Bed Bath and Beyond. The PS has a thicker cord, three prong plug, see through cavity and the electrical cord is thicker, just seems to be more of a quality product than the Rival.

Here's an idea: what you can do, is put water in the hot pot, put it on warm, perhaps find a Pyrex bowl that will fit, and keep your lather warm that way. I would have done it that way, but I bought a quaich that cost too much and fits perfectly.

Here's a photograph:

About how much did it cost?

Nice to know there's an alternative out there. I just bought a Rival Hot Pot -- paid about $10 after a discount coupon from Bed Bath and Beyond. I use a small metal bowl for lathering my shaving soap and it fits perfectly in the Hot Pot. I've used it for a couple of days now and love the way it keeps the soap warm. This is gonna be great in the winter! But it does look a little cheap and I wondered how long it might last. (Of course, for 10 bucks, who cares?) Knowing Proctor Silex has one is very helpful. Thanks for the input and keep us posted on how it works for you -- especially how it compares in actual use to the Rival.

Bruce

Nice to know there's an alternative out there. I just bought a Rival Hot Pot -- paid about $10 after a discount coupon from Bed Bath and Beyond. I use a small metal bowl for lathering my shaving soap and it fits perfectly in the Hot Pot. I've used it for a couple of days now and love the way it keeps the soap warm. This is gonna be great in the winter! But it does look a little cheap and I wondered how long it might last. (Of course, for 10 bucks, who cares?) Knowing Proctor Silex has one is very helpful. Thanks for the input and keep us posted on how it works for you -- especially how it compares in actual use to the Rival.

Bruce

Hiya Skyguy,

Glad you like my set up. Here's another thread you can look at for more information.

Enjoy the lather.

Top Bottom