Thread: New Formulation Penhaligon's BB & EF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Images

Default New Formulation Penhaligon's BB & EF

My theory is that they will be as good or better than the old formulation, because I am a positive thinker. I'm not in a rush to buy it for myself with the gift-giving holidays arriving in a few short weeks, but I am very curious to learn if any of our number have been able to crack open a newly formulated puck, and can tell the rest of us if it's OK to place an order for some.
    Gary

. . . He went around back and into the basement because he was hungry. He ate cold beans out of a can and drank some water, and then he saw the small mirror Parker had bought with the razor and the can of lather. He looked at himself and knew he had to take a chance on staying long enough to shave. He shaved, and that made him feel better. . .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is there anywhere that has some available? I'd love to order some and try it. I'm a tallow-head but I've learned from experience that because a soap simply does not contain tallow doesn't necessarily make it bad.
    ~Mark~

I am having a hard time understanding the delay here. It was supposed to be out in September, then October or early November... Where is this stuff?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Images

It's available via the Pens website. Don't know shipping cost to the US, though.

-Andy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Images

I'm of a mind that if a vendor happens to see this discussion, and they have information on the availability, they'll be able to instantly sell out of stock on hand, as soon as they happen to receive some.
    Gary

. . . He went around back and into the basement because he was hungry. He ate cold beans out of a can and drank some water, and then he saw the small mirror Parker had bought with the razor and the can of lather. He looked at himself and knew he had to take a chance on staying long enough to shave. He shaved, and that made him feel better. . .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I hope it's not more expensive.
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"][B]Neil[/B][/FONT]

[I]"[B]You cannot be serious![/B]"[/I] -- John McEnroe

[B][URL="http://www.badgerandblade.com/index.php?page=support"][COLOR="red"][COLOR="blue"]B&B needs your support. [I]Please[/I] click here to [/COLOR][I]Contribute[/I][/COLOR][COLOR="blue"] Now[/COLOR]![/URL][/B]

[B]Peace[/B]. :001_005:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by brothers View Post
    I'm of a mind that if a vendor happens to see this discussion, and they have information on the availability, they'll be able to instantly sell out of stock on hand, as soon as they happen to receive some.
    You are correct, problem is we can get any as there is none available at this time for the vendors. It is on back order but thats about all I know.
    I'd like to get more on my selves to as people have been asking for it....

I've got the AS and Cologne but no soap...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So is the tallow-based version the one being discontinued and reformulated? Is it nearly impossible to find?

I even checked their website and it wasn't available...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It looks like its available within the UK site (i.e. do not select the USA link)... but you aren't able to set the delivery address within the US.

I noticed some differences in the price points between purchasing in USD vs GBP:

Soap Refill: 20 GBP, 30 USD (implied conversion 1.50)
    Soap with bowl: 35 GBP, 65 USD (implied conversion 1.86)

That geographical price descrimination :)

Also, is it confirmed that the reformulated version will be without tallow? I was at the T&H store an hour ago and they just got the English Fern soap in stock... BB to arrive in a couple of weeks. Guess what? Potasium Tallowate was listed as the first ingredient...
    Last edited by Tha Baron; 11-22-2009 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Baron View Post
    It looks like its available within the UK site (i.e. do not select the USA link)... but you aren't able to set the delivery address within the US.

I noticed some differences in the price points between purchasing in USD vs GBP:

Also, is it confirmed that the reformulated version will be without tallow? I was at the T&H store an hour ago and they just got the English Fern soap in stock... BB to arrive in a couple of weeks. Guess what? Potasium Tallowate was listed as the first ingredient...
    That's really interesting... hmmm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Baron View Post

Quote Originally Posted by richmondesi View Post
    That's really interesting... hmmm
    Anything to save a buck!!

Seriously, though, wouldn't it be great if it was true!
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"][B]Neil[/B][/FONT]

[I]"[B]You cannot be serious![/B]"[/I] -- John McEnroe

[B][URL="http://www.badgerandblade.com/index.php?page=support"][COLOR="red"][COLOR="blue"]B&B needs your support. [I]Please[/I] click here to [/COLOR][I]Contribute[/I][/COLOR][COLOR="blue"] Now[/COLOR]![/URL][/B]

[B]Peace[/B]. :001_005:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It appears that TESC.com has these in stock now as well...