What's new

How do you get past the smell of witch hazel?

I often wonder if thayers smells like the stuff we buy over here in the uk, which although is not great but not that bad and does not seem to stick around for long.

iHerb.com ships to Europe for about $4 and stocks Thayers:wink2:

Doesn't bother me at all anymore. For me, it's now one of the smells of a shave done right, lol! You will get used to it pretty soon.

I've tried two things. One was very successful.

1) Peppermint EO. This works beautifully. Doesn't take much. For some reason the smells work well together and it becomes quite pleasant.

2) T&H West Indian Limes cologne. This didn't work quite as well. The Lime smell almost accentuates the smell of the witchhazel, for some reason, while adding a pleasant lime overtone. It's not terrible, just not as successful as the peppermint oil. I am still using the bit I mixed up with th T&H WIL cologne and I'm getting used to it.

I bought a bottle of Dickensons Witch Hazel today at walmart. I opened to bottle when I got home and was greeted with a wicked stentch. Everyone here talks about how they love this stuff, but I'm not sure that I will be able to get used to the smell, in order to actually apply it to my face.

I use Humphreys and that smells too, but as the smell fades away quickly, I do not have a problem with it.

I quite like the smell of Witch Hazel......... I used to reek of the stuff, as it's great for bringing out bruises..... used to come and dab the stuff on all over the place....

Tom

I bought a bottle of Dickensons Witch Hazel today at walmart. I opened to bottle when I got home and was greeted with a wicked stentch. Everyone here talks about how they love this stuff, but I'm not sure that I will be able to get used to the smell, in order to actually apply it to my face.

add a splash of your favorite aftershave. and even if you don't, the scent is gone in 10 seconds anyway.. really, the goodness of the stuff outweighs the scent by a mile.

I love the way WH feels immediately after my shave, and I use Dickinson's as well as Thayer's plain and lemon. Truth is, to me, WH has hardly any smell at all.

Top Bottom