What's new

Astra Platinum Man

After A few weeks of trying different blades from Dollar General brand to Feathers I've come to the conclusion that I'm an Astra Superior Platinum man! Pulled the trigger on 100 from WCS. I like the Smoothe Irritation free shaves with my Tech. Luves me tech so much I dumped all my adjustables, Superspeeds and Open Combs.

You know, I am in the midst of a trial run through a bunch of different blades to see if I can find a new everyday blade. I had settled on Derbys when I first started all this over a year ago. However, my technique is a million times better at this point so I wanted to re-evaluate blades to see if there is actually a better blade for me. This is all part of the journey towards grooming perfection.

I am glad I am tweeking a little bit more and have found the Astra Platinums to also be at the top of the list as of now. The Gilette yellow 7 O'Clocks are a very close second, they give me just a very small hint of irritation whereas I have found the Astras give me none at all. They are very good and smooth blades. However, I have a few more blades to sample before I pull the trigger on a stash of a few hundred of any one brand.

I wish they worked well for me, but they still seem to be on the dull side and a little rough. I must have a pretty tough beard. I'm bouncing between Feathers and Kai lately. I still throw in an Astra every so often just to make sure. Can't beat the price for them.

just tried my first astra plat and am VERY impressed.

smooth like a red IP but sharper with less pulling.

my 2nd favorite blade after the gone but not forgotten swede....

I love the Astras.

I also really like the Yellow 7 o'clocks, but I think they come out of the same factory.

I'm glad to see so many people rating these blades so highly. I'm new to wetshaving and to straight razor shaving, but I went to my barber shop today for a straight razor shave and a haircut, and brought one of my own feathers for him to use in his shavette style razor.

After finishing I asked him what he thought, and he said that the feather felt fine, and the results were fantastic, and when I asked what he used, he showed me his Astras, and offered me one which I took. Can't wait to try it!

-DrivingAce

Astra's are a really good choice. Sharp and Smooth. Takes a few more passes than a Feather - and that is frequently the joy of using them! I can get BBS and have a couple extra passes to enjoy the lather!

Astras are easily in my top 3 pick of blades... which is always changing since I keep finding new favorite razors to use.

Top Bottom