What's new

Truefitt & Hill Lavender--- Could be the greatest cream ever!!!!

Today I finally found Shaving Nirvana....

I got two creams in the mail, Harris's Arlington and T&H Lavender. I've never used Harris or T&H products. I was using my Flair Tip with a 2 day old Israeli Red blade.

I used the Arlington for 2 passes, and it was pretty lame. I blame that on using too much water or not enough cream. I'm sure it's a fine product and I'm not worried about getting a bad shave today.

I needed to do another pass so I used the smallest of small snurgles, about the size of half a pea. I was STUNNED by the amount of lather it whipped up. I'm still stunned just thinking about it. Enough for 2-3 passes.

I then started shaving. I was blown away by the amount of lubrication. It was so effortless that I actually checked my razor to see if I was using the one with a blade!! I have never felt anything like that!

The smell was ok, and I'm sure it will grow on me. But the shave was the best I have ever had. I love Trumper's creams, and this blew Trumpers out of the water. If T&H limes smells good, then I will truly have found shaving cream nirvana.

This stuff is simply amazing. I could see it easily lasting 300+ shaves, probably more. Wow!!! Please go out and buy it today!!! You will thank me! lol

I find the lime doesnt lather as well as the lavender.

Thank you for ruining my day. :mad3:

That is a shame because I love the smell of lime shaving cream. So you've had the same experience with T&H lavender?

(((feeling my face))).... Wow, I'm still impressed!

i should clear that up as you lather there are still chunks of the cream that are breaking down into lather so you have to really work it,

i should clear that up as you lather there are still chunks of the cream that are breaking down into lather so you have to really work it,

Oh, that's better!!! I don't mind working it... especially if I'm smelling limes :tongue_sm

You can buy a sample pack of T&H shaving creams from the T&H website and try them all yourself.

www.truefittandhill.com

It's on my list of things to do.

BTW, the Trumper's samples are amazing!!! A total of 24 ml of Skin Food, plus 5 little samples of shaving cream, PLUS 5 samples of their cologne.

It's not available during the holiday season, but I highly recommend it after Christmas. And only 5 pounds (about $6.50 I think). Make sure you specifically ask for skin food or you won't get it.

I love the T&H Limes cream. Personally, of all the cream samples they sent me, the WIL was the one that lathered the BEST and provided the smoothest shave (for ME). Obviously, YMMV.

But if you like lime creams, you should give the T&H WIL a try. :thumbup1:

Call me a curmudgeon, but I think it ought to be a standing rule on all shaving forums that members are prohibited from claiming they've found shaving nirvana with any given product until they have used said product at least, oh, let's say twice. (I also think there should be a rule banning posts that rely on multiple exclamation points for emphasis, but then we'd lose about half our archives, so that one probably won't fly.) Sorry, but if I had a dime for every time I thought I'd found "the one" cream that did it for me after having only used it once, only to find I didn't feel the same way after several subsequent uses, well, I'd have a fair number of dimes. I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable advocating everyone else go out and buy some on my say so after just a single use. But maybe that's just me. However, if you truly have found shaving nirvana, I salute you; it's no easy task.

Call me a curmudgeon, but I think it ought to be a standing rule on all shaving forums that members are prohibited from claiming they've found shaving nirvana with any given product until they have used said product at least, oh, let's say twice. (I also think there should be a rule banning posts that rely on multiple exclamation points for emphasis, but then we'd lose about half our archives, so that one probably won't fly.) Sorry, but if I had a dime for every time I thought I'd found "the one" cream that did it for me after having only used it once, only to find I didn't feel the same way after several subsequent uses, well, I'd have a fair number of dimes. I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable advocating everyone else go out and buy some on my say so after just a single use. But maybe that's just me. However, if you truly have found shaving nirvana, I salute you; it's no easy task.

It would also be really interesting to know the frame of reference from which these claims are made. :thumbup1:

It would also be really interesting to know the frame of reference from which these claims are made. :thumbup1:

dont get me started on the reviews that give something straight 10s and say 'this is my first cream'

that aside, t&h does make some great creams.

I actually wasn't all that impressed with many of the T&H creams (and found Ultimate Comfort to be absolutely worthless), but the Lavender is definitely at the top of the heap. Great stuff.

[threadjack] Welcome back, Horatio Caine. Long time, no hear from. [/threadjack]

We now return you to your original thread, already in progress.

I actually wasn't all that impressed with many of the T&H creams (and found Ultimate Comfort to be absolutely worthless), but the Lavender is definitely at the top of the heap. Great stuff.

Ultimate Comfort so far has been better than limes or trafalgar for me. Not to mention 90% of my other creams/soaps.

I shall call you a curmudgeon! :mad3:

Obviously I am a better judge of shaving nirvana than you!

I feel confident in claiming shaving nirvana in one or two shaves, and never being wrong! Never have I claimed nirvana and been disappointed later... the nirvana has continued for eternity!

The following caused me to enter shaving bliss in two shaves or less: (!)

Proraso!

Nancy Boy!

Trumper Limes!

T&H Lavender!

Please people... ignore the reviews and threads... simply listen to me and buy the above!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Top Bottom