What's new

Glen Moray Scotch?

I was at my local liquor store and saw a bottle of Glen Moray single malt scotch. The price was very reasonable, in fact just a few dollars more than the blended scotch. I was going to buy a bottle but thought I would get a few opinons first as there are some knowledgable guys on scotch here at B&B. Is it any good?

I've drunk a fair amount of the 12 over the years, and it's a solid, respectable Speysider, roughly the equivalent of Glenfiddich 12, Glenlivet 12, etc. (though not as nice as something like Glenfarclas) It used to be really cheap here in the US (around $20-25) but is hard to find nowdays since the new owners (Glenmorangie) are playing around with distribution, allocating most of it to Asia (there was an interesting article in Whisky magazine about this a few months back). Though I've never had it, the 16 is supposed to be great (http://www.drinkhacker.com/2009/01/01/review-glen-moray-16-years-old/). So, basically, if the price is right, go for it! :thumbup1:

Thanks Clubman. I can get it for $34 a bottle and the average "good" blended sotch here is about $28-30. I'll pick up a bottle tomorrow:001_smile

Top Bottom