What's new

Provence Sante Green Tea is here!

Just got my Provence Sante Green Tea soap today from the B&B group buy. If this stuff shaves as good as it smells, I should have a fantastic shave tomorrow! How are ya'll liking it?

Just got my Provence Sante Green Tea soap today from the B&B group buy. If this stuff shaves as good as it smells, I should have a fantastic shave tomorrow! How are ya'll liking it?

Smells a bit sweeter than I anticipated, kind of makes me hungry. I have three pucks, and zero empty containers to put one of them into. I suppose I'll have to wait until I make another Mama Bear order. :001_huh:

I got mine as well, but I'll likely wait until my Verlaine soap is all used up before giving this a spin. I also want to get the matching AS.

just got my puck of this yesterday....i love the smell, its just like light and powdery. glad i hopped on it.

I got mine as well, but I'll likely wait until my Verlaine soap is all used up before giving this a spin. I also want to get the matching AS.

I have to wait until my verlaine is used up too, so I'll have a container to put the green tea in. The aftershave and cologne are both great.

-Andy

I am happy to report that my order from Shaving Esentials arrived in yesterday aftertnoon's post. Of course immediately I opened the package to get a good sniff of the soap. A real winner. A bit lighter and less in your face than the Verlain. It does not have that "French Perfume" smell of sweet powder that the Verlain assails my nostrils with. Don't get me wrong. Provence Sante Verlain is one of my favourite soaps. I just don't care for the scent too much. The green tea is different. Lighter with a clean smell I can't really describe. There may be some green tea in there but I will have to use it this morning and report back on results. Thank you mods for making this happen.

Regards, Todd

That reminds me I just returned from travel and have to open my box from WCS containing among other things the group buy soap!

Well gents, the first shave went into the books this morning and I am well impressed. The soap is a differfent colour to the verlain version being nearly snow white while the verlain is more of an off white/cream colour, almost tan. Right away I was much happier with this scent than the verlain. It is nowhere near as powdery. It is a fresh, clean type scent with just a hint of tea smell. I really like it. You couldn't offend a parson with it. A real upgrade for me in the scent department. I immediately transferred the verlain to the cupboard and inserted the green tea into the red ware bowl.

Of course the proof is in the pudding and this one needs no proving. I am usually pretty stingy with the praise of new product but I had to exempt myself from the normal 3-5 uses litmus test before commenting. I have used the verlain version over the last two years or so and unequivocally champion it as one of the BEST shave lathers out there. This one is better! Sometimes even changing just the scent components in a product can slightly change its performance. There was no exception in this case. It was an improvement! As good as the original is, this is better. At least with my water. A thorougly enjoyable shaving experience It made a very dense, lubricating lather that smelled superb to boot. Mods, I have to say you have done everyone here a good turn. A superb product gentlemen. I am glad I ordered three cakes. And no, they will NOT be up for sale or trade.

Regards, Todd

Top Bottom