What's new

What a string of bad luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
*UPDATE!* So apparently I was too negative and disrupted the flow of the forum. It was not fair of me to isolate two bad experiences. Perhaps I am not allowed to be lazy and complain at the same time? This Post has been edited for faster reading and to detail the return policies of various shaving relate companies.

I don't know what is up with the world these days. I have had a string of bad luck when it comes to mail order. It seems like everything I have ordered in the last few months has just arrived wrong. Some companies endeavored to make the return trip as painless as possible. Tumi, Apple, Goodfella and Cabellas all provided return UPS shipping labels. This was appreciated becasue my local post office is a nightmare. I hope this information on the return policies of various shaving brands is helpful.

Goodfella

Goodfella had a factory mix up and the satin fish razor heads ended up in chrome head boxes. Goodfella were quick to fix the situation providing return shipping labels. Even considering it was an international transaction the process was resolved in a matter of days. amazing Great company!

Handcraft VN

Hamdcraft had a batch of bad glue that effected their brushes. Kim Vu Son was proactive about the problem and offered to replace it but the difficulties in returning an international order were too great. The whole handcraft process took many weeks, so I decided to keep it. Any one need a nice handcrafted horn shaving handle?

*UPDATE* Kim Vu Son Was insistent he make things right in email and is sending me a replacement Brush to correct the problem. I did not request this. He restarted the hand craft process and is sending a new one out. What amazing dedication to the customer!

The Gentlemans Refinery

I was a little disappointed with The GR. I got a bad batch of shaving cream so I contacted The GR. Although friendly, they wanted me to mail the product back at my expense. I was ocupied for many weeks and eventually I just sent them some pictures of the bad cream to help their Chemists. Two moths after the fact they offered to replace my cream but I had already discovered better creams so i declined.

Maybe this info will help people decide what brands to trust when ordering shaving supplies. Even the best companies don't seem to be immune to making these mistakes. How they correct them is what counts.

Last edited:
Why did you post this? All I'm seeing is you bad mouthing "very proactive and friendly" vendors that offered to make good on a product, and your indifference and "lack of motivation" to work out your problems with them.

Your post serves no purpose than to paint them in a bad light when you didn't even give them the opportunity to make it right.

Why did you post this? All I'm seeing is you bad mouthing "very proactive and friendly" vendors that offered to make good on a product, and your indifference and "lack of motivation" to work out your problems with them.

Your post serves no purpose than to paint them in a bad light when you didn't even give them the opportunity to make it right.

I tend to agree, apparently the OP has more money to throw away than I do.

The sad thing being, THEY offered to fix the problems sigh.

Seems like you main problem is with your local PO. If you don't like waiting in line you can print use the "pay and print" on the USPS website. You print the labels online, pay with a cc or debit card and they come and pick up the package.

C'mon i understand the fellow bber...sometimes the things should be done rightly from the beginning at source. Sending an hard cream can happen to the best vendor...Solution: another one is on his way. Should i have to fix things other fellows forgot to check? Or put some of my time and agenda to solve any issue of force majeure ?Postal Offices lines are quite murderous!!!:tongue_sm

C'mon i understand the fellow bber...sometimes the things should be done rightly from the beginning at source. Sending an hard cream can happen to the best vendor...Solution: another one is on his way. Should i have to fix things other fellows forgot to check? Or put some of my time and agenda to solve any issue of force majeure ?Postal Offices lines are quite murderous!!!:tongue_sm

Rule #1 of life

Nothing is perfect

I think it would have been better to post a general lamentation of why it is getting harder and harder to find companies who can do things right the first time. :frown:

I think it would have been better to post a general lamentation of why it is getting harder and harder to find companies who can do things right the first time. :frown:

This was my intent. This is just a small sample of the things that have arrived wrong in the last few months. These are only the saving related problems. Frankly it just hit me like depression and I had to vent. My PO is pretty out of date and everything has to be processed at the counter. I have used preprinted labels, prepaid, international shipping labels i still have to get in line to have them processed. The only thing you can just drop off is a standard letter. all in all shipping a package will take about 90 min to 2 hours.

Last edited:
Try another post office. They're in every town.

I also do not understand the point of the thread, you had chances to remedy everything but seemed too lazy or impatient to take any extra steps to fix the issues.

But they were friendly. Why would I lie? He did offer to make the situation better. I'm just frustrated it had to happen in the first place. It's not even his fault the glue was bad. If i was to blow a tire and AAA came out, am i not allowed to be in a bad mood becasue the AAAA person was friendly and helpful? Is my day still not shot?

I'm not attacking these people. I just had a bad day. Why is that so bad?

Last edited:

Thanks man. That's my point. i only detailed the shaving related problems. I didn't even get into the Goodfella one (they had been shipping the wrong color razor heads.) In the case of Tumi, Cabellas, Apple and Goodfellas they all provided return shipping labels for UPS or otherwise. A lot easier to deal with then just telling me to go back to the post office. In fact in the case of Vu Som son i am willing to accept this.

It's the GR I am most disappointed with. The GR sells themselves as a premium band. And after first contacting them only offered to replace it after i mailed it in. I'm not demanding a better solution, this is just what they offered and frankly YES i WAS / MA lazy and never made it. I took pictures in goof faith two moths later and said i was sorry.

It was then they offered to just send me a replacement. Why there policy changed i don't know i didn't ask that they replace it and i didn't accept it. frankly i was turned off to the bead and have found other creams that work great.

Try another post office. They're in every town.

I also do not understand the point of the thread, you had chances to remedy everything but seemed too lazy or impatient to take any extra steps to fix the issues.

I live in an unincorporated part of a county. We have one tiny post office. Honestly it's a numbers game. If I make $X an hour and the task to return an item will take Y time I will end up loosing $Z. If $Z is greater then the cost of the item why should i bother?

Last edited:
It's not bad I suppose, but I think if both these vendors gave you a way to correct your issues and work with you, but you weren't 'motivated' (as you said) to go through the 'trouble', then you shouldn't have mentioned them by name. If you just want to lament that you have had issues with stuff you got in the mail.. then you could have simply stated that you had issues with some cream and a brush you got in the mail and you were frustrated, but weren't bothered to do anything about it. If the vendors offered you a way to solve your problem, but you weren't bothered to do anything, then I don't think there's a point to name them. It would be different if they gave you the runaround or something like that. I'm sure it wasn't your intention, but it does look like you are 'naming and shaming' when they did nothing wrong. Like I said, I'm sure that wasn't your intention, but that's kinda what it looks like. Just my 2 cents anyway.

Maybe you are right. I'm too lazy and unmotivated to expect what i pay for it what i receive the first time around. i don't know why i was so insensitive. I have fixed my post to be fair to all vendors.

Last edited:
Eh, I feel ya. Sometimes these things happen and it helps to vent. You didn't seem to get much sympathy here this time, it seems, so I thought I'd speak up. Yeah, it sucks when something's wrong with an order and you have to send it back, I know I'm not a fan of having to make that extra errand in an already busy day, and my PO isn't nearly as bad as yours. While you could have eased your losses a bit by sending the items back, it's still a hassle, for sure.

I appreciate that you included that the vendors were proactive, so it's not like you're besmirching their customer service reputation or anything. Considering the crazy variety of posts on B&B, I think this is just fine to post. Eh, whatever. Seems like it's just not your month, I hope things pick up for ya.

I feel your pain OP. Ordering online is risky. (empasis on the . )

I prefer to go to a shop and see what im buying (look for the cracked eggs).
It is very hard to find a shop that sells our supplies let alone at a competitive price(they have no local competition).

I imagine it would be tough to check every product that left the online store. And with our products there may be sanitary concerns. There may also be declined sales allowing the shelf life of an item to be more of an issue.

I would accept all offers from the vendors for free new product and sell if you have found something that better suits your needs.

Ordering overseas if even riskier.

These reasons are why i am thankful to find a group of people here that have things to sell of BST and can offer their opinion on the best places to buy.

It stinks about your poor shipping in your area. I guess youll just have to wait through it and toss it up to the risks of online ordering.(bring all that needs to be shipped at one time LOL)
:001_smile

I feel your pain OP. Ordering online is risky. (empasis on the . )

I prefer to go to a shop and see what im buying (look for the cracked eggs).
It is very hard to find a shop that sells our supplies let alone at a competitive price(they have no local competition).

I imagine it would be tough to check every product that left the online store. And with our products there may be sanitary concerns. There may also be declined sales allowing the shelf life of an item to be more of an issue.

I would accept all offers from the vendors for free new product and sell if you have found something that better suits your needs.

Ordering overseas if even riskier.

These reasons are why i am thankful to find a group of people here that have things to sell of BST and can offer their opinion on the best places to buy.

It stinks about your poor shipping in your area. I guess you'll just have to wait through it and toss it up to the risks of online ordering.(bring all that needs to be shipped at one time LOL)
:001_smile

When dealing with UPS the process takes all of 10 min. That includes the time it takes me to get to the UPS store. If it arrives at its destination in the same condition is another story. In any case I'm glad i have found some local shops to meet my shaving needs.

When dealing with UPS the process takes all of 10 min. That includes the time it takes me to get to the UPS store. If it arrives at its destination in the same condition is another story. In any case I'm glad i have found some local shops to meet my shaving needs.

I used to work for UPS loading/unloading tractor trailers and delivery trucks (full benifits for part-time!) and i can understand how some damage may occur. But their service seems to be improving.

UPDATE

Kim Vu Son Was insistent he make things right in email and is sending me a replacement brush to correct the problem. I did not request this. He restarted the hand craft process and is sending a new one out. What amazing dedication to the customer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom