What's new

Great news

Here is my prediction. She will make a run with Barry for 2012. They will win for sure. She has the money to campaign. She has a lot of the woman vote so that would hurt Palin if she made a run.

If only Nancy Grace, Glen Beck, O'Reilly , Larry King, and all the other nutjobs on television would end their crappy shows, life would be nice.

Be sure to let us know when 'The View' stops production.

Don't get me started with that show. I don't watch daytime talk shows but these shows are pathetic. What's worse is the fact that there are a lot of people that actually watch them.

Rush is ok but Michael Savage is the man. He tells it like it is. Mark Levin is ok but I think he tries too much to act pissed off just for ratings. Andrew Wilkow, Neil Bortz, and Mike Church are very good also.

I like Rush. Beck's radio show is passable, but his television show not so much. I like Mark Steyn, too, but only get to hear him when he sits in for Hannity.

Rush is ok but Michael Savage is the man. He tells it like it is. Mark Levin is ok but I think he tries too much to act pissed off just for ratings. Andrew Wilkow, Neil Bortz, and Mike Church are very good also.

(As many of you might know) Michael Savage's son Russel Weiner is the CEO of the company that makes the energy drink Rock Star. Savage himself--an herbalist in one of his past incarnations--is supposed to have had something to do with its formulation. Anyway, I just thought that I'd pass that along if you're looking for a beverage to go with your daily listen.

Oprah is actually quite amazing but not in a good way. Years ago television was just a form of entertainment but Oprah turned her show into a lifestyle choice (telling people what books to read etc.). The fact her retirement made worldwide news is quite sad imo.

Oprah is actually quite amazing but not in a good way. Years ago television was just a form of entertainment but Oprah turned her show into a lifestyle choice (telling people what books to read etc.). The fact her retirement made worldwide news is quite sad imo.

I'm not particularly interested in what Oprah does--I've probably only had watched one or two episodes of it over its run. On the other hand, it doesn't seem fair to criticize her for thinking that TV could be more than just entertainment. For example, it's easy to take aim at her for her book club and, for the most part, she recommends books that I wouldn't read. However, I think that it's a good thing if somebody picks up a book by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Cormac McCarthy, Elie Wiesel or Joyce Carol Oates because it was discussed on her show. What's wrong with somebody sitting down and watching her talking with Toni Morrison or Maya Angelou? If anything, it's unfortunate that this is the only thing that people can think of when they want to criticize TV for creating the possibility of thinking about things. There's certainly enough other idiotic stuff on other channels to occupy yourself with if that's what you'd rather be doing. And, at least with the remote control that came with my TV, I never have to switch it to the programs that I don't want to watch.

Top Bottom