What's new

Vie-Long Brushes-Any Opinions?

Hi everyone-I am really interested in learning more about Vie-Long shaving brushes from Spain-I couldn't find a review in the reviews section. Has anyone used them? What has your experience been?

Thanks!

Hi everyone-I am really interested in learning more about Vie-Long shaving brushes from Spain-I couldn't find a review in the reviews section. Has anyone used them? What has your experience been?

Thanks!

Nice & cheap brushes.

http://www.vielong.com/En/Inicio.html

View attachment 75573
Left = Vie-Long Badger + Hors Hair shaving brush Ref.14832.
Middel = Vie-Long Pure Badger shaving brush Ref.16735. (2 band )
Right = Vie-Long Badger + Hors Hair shaving brush Wood handle Ref.14095

I like this Silver Tip Badger shaving brush ! (€70):
View attachment 75574

Regards,
Eelco

Thanks for the pics! They do look nice...My wife is from Spain, so for sentimental reasons I feel like I should try to integrate as many Spanish products as possible into my shaving kit! Unfortunately I am in the US and it doesn't seem very easy to buy their brushes here-It looks like all the sources on-line are in Europe so the shipping will probably be pretty exorbitant. I will just have to wait for my next trip to Spain!

Thanks again for posting the pics-

They sure do look nice. If you're looking for a nice Spanish soap, cjmatz, try La Toja shave stick. I love it, and I'm a self-confessed soap addict.

-Andy

There really does need to be a confessional/recovering addicts/help and support group forum on B&B.

-Andy
YES ! And I think some Plisson (hard drugs) addicts need special help...
... Hospital treatment, preferably in a special drug unit... :001_tt2:
Eelco

They sure do look nice. If you're looking for a nice Spanish soap, cjmatz, try La Toja shave stick. I love it, and I'm a self-confessed soap addict.

-Andy

Thanks-I need to try that-I really like the Magno bath soap (I think is also made by La Toja?) so I need to try the shave stick, it seems like it is really well-regarded here on B&B-

About VieLong: They use european badger hair in their badger brushes, it's the only brush maker that uses only european badger, Plisson uses european and chinese badger. I have receipt a message from the manager of the VieLong company confirming me this.

Eelco you have 2 european badger brushes now, the Plisson and the VieLong, and VieLong uses the same quality hair as Plisson in its top brushes: 2 band white, 2 band silvertip and 3 band silvertip

I've never heard of the VieLong brushes, but that should not come as a surprise. I'm still learning and there are alot of products I've never heard of..

Those brushes certainly are beautiful, though...

I am using a Vie Long bristle brush for 2 years and am happy with it. i looking forward to move to badger. when i go back to Spain in february I´ll have a closer look in El Corte Inglés.

And I have been using La Toja cream for years.The bar soap is excellent and I use it when I travel.

I bath with La Toja hidrotermal soap......Maybe I am a Tojadict?

Sorry I forgot to comment on the brush!!!!

The handle tends to crackle near the rim but does not affect the hair. I mean it doesn´t loose any more than usual. I shave every day and it really ithink it was good value.

bestgroomingtools.com has some good looking vie-long boar brushes in their list. Can anyone shed more info on these? Appreciate your sharing!

Has anyone used a Vie-Long horse hair brush? I noticed they have them available at bestgroomingtools and am curious about them. :biggrin1:

Top Bottom