What's new

Vie-Long Brushes-Any Opinions?

I feel obliged to chime in.
I purchased a 16510 last month.
In my small den it is my favorite.
I believe the stories about it being Plisson like.
It is very smooth/plush and dense. It is not at all "scrubby"
I prefer it over my BK4, Shavemac silvertip, T&H/Rooney silvertip or Penchetta custom.
View attachment 97562

Thanks for the information Eelco-My wife and I like shopping at El Corte Ingles, I guess the last time I was there was before I got into wet shaving so I didn't check out their selection!

In my opinion El Corte Ingles is a grat store, but they are quite expensive sometimes and their product range is not huge.

If you visit Spain soon (spring is a lovely season here) I'd recommend you seaching for them in small shops. Of course, only you're patient enough!

In my opinion El Corte Ingles is a grat store, but they are quite expensive sometimes and their product range is not huge.

If you visit Spain soon (spring is a lovely season here) I'd recommend you seaching for them in small shops. Of course, only you're patient enough!

Can you recommend any stores in Madrid? Many thanks

In Madrid:

Montané: Vie Long, Myrsol, Floïd, La Toja and a lot of products for shaving you can buy a barber's chair....

Plaza de Herradores, 10. (next to calle Mayor)
Madrid

Peluquería Nuria : Trumper's, Edwin Jagger, Kent, Acqua di Genova, Floris,.....

Calle Lagasca, 42
Madrid

I feel obliged to chime in.
I purchased a 16510 last month.
In my small den it is my favorite.
I believe the stories about it being Plisson like.
It is very smooth/plush and dense. It is not at all "scrubby"
I prefer it over my BK4, Shavemac silvertip, T&H/Rooney silvertip or Penchetta custom.
View attachment 97562
I know that this brush is made from European Badger because the owner of Vie-Long told it to me in an email,....it's not a story, the provider of badger hair is European (Russian) as Plisson, Compare the hairs and you can see the same hairs: Silvertip 3 band and Silvertip 2 band in Plissons and Vie Longs,....

In Madrid:

Montané: Vie Long, Myrsol, Floïd, La Toja and a lot of products for shaving you can buy a barber's chair....

Plaza de Herradores, 10. (next to calle Mayor)
Madrid

Peluquería Nuria : Trumper's, Edwin Jagger, Kent, Acqua di Genova, Floris,.....

Calle Lagasca, 42
Madrid

I'm glad you know some shops in Madrid, I don't live there and I don't.

I know that this brush is made from European Badger because the owner of Vie-Long told it to me in an email,....it's not a story, the provider of badger hair is European (Russian) as Plisson, Compare the hairs and you can see the same hairs: Silvertip 3 band and Silvertip 2 band in Plissons and Vie Longs,....

Then that makes them an exceptional bargain.
thanks.

I just received the Horse Hair & Badger Hair Shaving Brush 14091 from Best Grooming. The order was placed on Saturday all I can say is the service was fantastic. The brush itself is a quality product and after cleaning it I worked up 2 lathers. The first was with a cream and all I can say is WOW! real quick and thick lather, and using a soap the results were equally fantastic. I'm very satisfied with the brush and I highly recommend it.

Nice & cheap brushes.

http://www.vielong.com/En/Inicio.html

View attachment 75573
Left = Vie-Long Badger + Hors Hair shaving brush Ref.14832.
Middel = Vie-Long Pure Badger shaving brush Ref.16735. (2 band )
Right = Vie-Long Badger + Hors Hair shaving brush Wood handle Ref.14095

I like this Silver Tip Badger shaving brush ! (€70):
View attachment 75574

Regards,
Eelco

Talk about price difference. The price of that 16910 is equivalent to ~86 thereabouts versus $109 here in US.

I was seriously considering that brush but just got 12315, 13061, 14833 and 16590 ( same handle as yours ). I was told it didn't have as much backbone as 16590 and that's what I opted for.

I want to buy a Vie Long horsey. Just because, you know? But I feel the same way about nylon - just want one for the novelty. My badgers are my first love, and must-buy brushes keep popping up, so these others keep getting pushed down the list.

hi ! from Phil ( ' BullGoose" )-- I bought the Horsehair brush, liked it-- and ordered another one : with White badger.

Bought one of the mixed badger and horsehair brushes a little while back and have given it some good use. Was a little concerned when I went through my initial de-funk/break-in method with the smell and the color of the lather (turned yellow-brown). Ran it through again and that cleared. This is a brush with a good deal of backbone, nice and scrubby on the face, but the knot isn't as dense as I'd like. That said, I'm considering buying a pure horsehair to try at some point in the none to distant future. They are an excellent value. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom