What's new

3 1/2 pass shave

So, I'm still very new and breaking in a Merkur Slant. I got really good lather today and was done with a WTG, and two XTG passes. My throat has been a bit raw the last couple days, but my cheeks and jaw have been fine.

I know I shouldn't be going for a 4 pass this soon, but I had a bunch of lather left over and it was still warm. I didn't want to tear up my neck, and then it came to me. ATG on the cheeks and jaw and leave the neck alone.

It worked out nicely, very smooth on my face and no damage on the neck. I may actually do 4 on my face tomorrow and only two on my neck to give it a chance to heal some more.

I never realized how addictive this could be.

I think it's safe to say that the throat is a tough area for everyone. I do half passes all the time for touch up purposes. Just remember to keep a very light touch to avoid irritation below the jawline.

Glad to hear your getting such good results with the slant.

Enjoy!

So, I'm still very new and breaking in a Merkur Slant. I got really good lather today and was done with a WTG, and two XTG passes. My throat has been a bit raw the last couple days, but my cheeks and jaw have been fine.

I know I shouldn't be going for a 4 pass this soon, but I had a bunch of lather left over and it was still warm. I didn't want to tear up my neck, and then it came to me. ATG on the cheeks and jaw and leave the neck alone.

It worked out nicely, very smooth on my face and no damage on the neck. I may actually do 4 on my face tomorrow and only two on my neck to give it a chance to heal some more.

I never realized how addictive this could be.

cant waste a good thing!

3 and a half passes is my usual technique. The half pass is ATG on my cheeks and a light ATG pass on the sides of my neck. I can skip this last one if I'm pushed but it does finish things off nicely. My neck is still usually a bit sandpapery in places but no one is likely to notice that.

Top Bottom