What's new

Best non-menthol canned cream?

So here's the deal. I was gifted a Conair instant hot lather machine, and now I need to buy my first can of canned goo for it.

MUST be a cream, not a gel
MUST not have menthol in it.

What's the best? Proraso Wheatgerm? Barbasol?

Thanks!

No, I'm perfectly serious!

I've got this silly-looking machine given to me by a well-wishing coworker, and I've never bought canned shaving cream before. So I need some help.

It's been a long time, but I used to like Noxzema Lime.
I figured if it was good enough for Joe Namath, it was good enough for me!!

:laugh:

Good luck!

Last edited:
It's been a long time, but I used to like Noxzema Lime.
I figured if it was good enough for Joe Namath, it was good enough for me!!

:laugh:

Good luck!

I remember that stuff. Hey Neil do you remember the tv commercials with Joe Namath. I believe he even did one for the conair hot lather machine.

Clayton

I remember that stuff. Hey Neil do you remember the tv commercials with Joe Namath. I believe he even did one for the conair hot lather machine.

Clayton

I do, indeed. He was being shaved by then unknown Farrah Fawcett.

:thumbup1:

Last edited:
Barbasol green (aloe) is the only goop i have ever liked. I've heard good things about the yellow too
besides, if you don't like, you are out $1.50.
I used to soak my can in a sink full of hot water before a shave to get about the same experience. let us know how what you think

Is Barbisol Yellow the one with lanolin in it? That's the one that i have in my hot lather machine.

I believe the barbisol yellow is the one with lanolin. Hey, how's your machine working does it really get the lather warm enough. How does it compare to the warm lather that we make in our lathering bowls.

Clayton

Pinaud Clubman used to make a canned cream that wasn't half bad. I've read that it's recently been discontinued, but considering most who use canned creams more than likely purchase it as their local grocery store, I can't help but think you could still find cans of this stuff at your local barber supply or Sally Beauty.

Gillette Lime Foamy - works better than all the other foams (imo) and even better thanteh best gels (again, imo); and smells nice as well.

Top Bottom