What's new

The Rooney Heritage "Stubby" Size 1 Super vs. Simpson Chubby CH1 Finest?

Has anyone had the opportunity to lather with both of these brushes? I'm guessing I'm not the only one here deciding between these two beauties. I'm purely a soap man, at this point.

I love my Rooney 3/1 Super, but I'm thinking of adding another brush to my den. Please don't recommend that I get the Simpson just because I already have a Rooney -- you wouldn't recommend someone buy a BMW simply because they have already owned a Mercedes! :001_smile

Of course, I might wait until the LE 2009 becomes available before making another purchase, as my wallet can't afford to have two new brushes grace my counter top.

And. . . . . . . . . . . discuss.

After molesting a few Simfix Simpons today I really wouldn't buy one unless you really want one to say you have it.

The knots are just such garbage, and yet the Vulfix's are fine.

V

VR6ofpain

The knots are just such garbage, and yet the Vulfix's are fine.
That is a bold statement. Many here would disagree with you (I don't personally own a Simpson, so I can't comment). Please explain why you find the Vulfix made Simpson brush knots to be "garbage"?

That is a bold statement. Many here would disagree with you (I don't personally own a Simpson, so I can't comment). Please explain why you find the Vulfix made Simpson brush knots to be "garbage"?

Have you even looked at one in person?

Uneven knots, stray hairs etc, yet you look at the Vufix brushes and they're perfect granted not as dense.

I don't feel that my two band PJ2 is like garbage at all. :blink:

Was it the old or new batch?

Uneven knots, stray hairs etc, yet you look at the Vufix brushes and they're perfect granted not as dense.

Was it the old or new batch?

I purchased it over the summer. Though, I have seen some of the pictures of a few brushes that look like Sh##T

Has anyone had the opportunity to lather with both of these brushes? I'm guessing I'm not the only one here deciding between these two beauties. I'm purely a soap man, at this point.

I have a CH1 super (actually Manchurian - but essentially 2-band super). It is very scrubby and dense. I haven't used a stubby but understand that they are even denser than the CH1 but probably softer (I have a Victorian and it dense and soft but not at all floppy) than the 2-band super.

You could also consider a stubby in finest - soft tips and plenty of backbone.

I'm sorry, but if you've never used an item and criticize it so freely, I have a hard time respecting your opinion.

On topic, I too love my 3/1, and have been eying a Stubby 1 for ages, and will purchase one after I get my LE09.

Rooney brushes are very very solid brushes that are hard to go wrong with. However, I am lusting for a two-band Simpson. A T3 or a Polo 8.

I'm sorry, but if you've never used an item and criticize it so freely, I have a hard time respecting your opinion.

On topic, I too love my 3/1, and have been eying a Stubby 1 for ages, and will purchase one after I get my LE09.

If you want to find out yourself order it, don't be surprised when the 3/1 is beyond superior.

*edited for politeness

You could also consider a stubby in finest - soft tips and plenty of backbone.

I'll get the Stubby in Finest without any doubts

I was originally thinking of a Stubby in finest, but I can't find one in size 1 right now. Vintage Blades and Classic Shaving don't appear to have a size 1 Stubby Finest in stock. Maybe that's a good thing -- it prevents me from spending the money a finest grade Rooney warrants.

If you want to find out yourself order it, don't be surprised when the 3/1 is beyond superior.

*edited for politeness

If you're referring to Simpsons brushes, I have several and enjoy each of them very much. The 3/1 is my daily brush, but that doesn't make my Simpsons "garbage" by default.

In regards to Rooney Finest, I believe they are in short supply and will remain in short supply for the foreseeable future. Wish I could pony up the cash to get a 3/1 Finest before they're gone.

Top Bottom