What's new

It's not for me, it's for uhh, a friend.

After Sluggo's post about switching to an electric, I looked at the Electric Razor Rap forums again, and there was an advertisement link for - heaven help us, an electric razor sharpener :blink:.

Does anybody have any thoughts about this :lol:. I'm considering getting one for... a friend... Not Sluggo though, his razor needs to go dull ASAP so he snaps out of it.

Oh, right, I'm too lazy for links, but seroiusly the link won't tell you much. They're called Vollco heads, and they look like they go in a rotary in place of the normal blades. No clue how that works though...

I broke out my electric when I had zero time and had to do 2 things at once. It reminded me just why I made the change to soap/brush and now to DE's! :blushing:

You're asking for advice on a sharpener for an electric razor on this forum :blink:?

If you were a newbie I'd say you were trolling. In your case though it's probably just masochism :001_rolle.

- Peter

After Sluggo's post about switching to an electric, I looked at the Electric Razor Rap forums again, and there was an advertisement link for - heaven help us, an electric razor sharpener :blink:.

Does anybody have any thoughts about this :lol:. I'm considering getting one for... a friend... Not Sluggo though, his razor needs to go dull ASAP so he snaps out of it.

Oh, right, I'm too lazy for links, but seroiusly the link won't tell you much. They're called Vollco heads, and they look like they go in a rotary in place of the normal blades. No clue how that works though...

I think I have a closet electric user...it is okay...you'll feel better when it is out.:lol:

And agreed, its the only thing worse than a cart. Did you hear the noise it made when "sharpening" :frown2:.

Not something I want to hear from a device about to rip hair from my face and neck. Not even close.

Sluggo, for the love of God, forgive yourself and step back from the abyss.

The replacement blades are around $40. This device is $20 and it doesn't say how many uses you get out of it.

Norelco suggests replacement once a year or every 18 months. I would always make sure to change the blades once every three years, whether it needed to or not.

If you like 5 O'Clock Shadow at 11 AM, and shaving while watching Good Morning America, then sure go for an electric. You don't even have to wash your face before shaving do you? Just think of the time savings there! :laugh:

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I resent parting more with what I've spent over the years trying the next can't be beat electric razor than I do various multi blade razors. At least the blades worked where as I could sit there rubbing the electrics over my face for 15 minutes and still not feel like I had a shave.

Oh, I just read this...

After Roger Voll, the product's inventor, refused to pay $30.00 to $35.00 for a new set of "Lift and Cut" replacement blades for his Norelco/Philishave shaver, after they had lost their cutting edge.

He wasn't prepared to spend that kind of money just because they went dull.

That's why I am not an entrepeneur. I found out about wet shaving.

Top Bottom