What's new

Scrubbing bubbles?

Does anyone know what the UK version of scrubbing bubbles is? I've searched the web and it seems that it is only available in the US.
Ian

Hopefully someone in the UK might know. In the meantime, these are the ingredients for Scrubbing Bubbles:

Tetrasodium 3-7%
Isobutane 3-7%
Diethylene glycol monobutyl ether 3-7%
Water 70-80%
(C14-C18) Dialkyldimethylammonium methyl sulfate <.5%

You could go down to your local shop and look for any foaming bathroom cleaner in an aerosol can and see if they have similar ingredients. Be sure to post what you find. Hope that helps.

Until you find what you need over there, try just using toothpaste and an old toothbrush to clean your razors. Just wet the razor, put a small dab of toothpaste on and lightly use to toothbrush. It does an excellent job and it won't harm the razor. Give it a shot. :w00t: :001_rolle

B

bluefoxicy

Overconcentrated sodium percarbonate peroxide, or whatever fancy name it is.

Sodium percarbonate is oxiclean. I pour a half a scoop in a pint(!) of hot water, throw a dirty old DE razor into it open/disassembled/whatever for 24 hours, and all the garbage rots off and floats around. Works way better than scrubbing bubbles.

That nickel-coated-brass stuff holds up pretty well, the nickel doesn't hardly wear off for anything; often the razor comes out shiny and new looking, with all the crud off, and no damage from whatever dirt and scale was encrusted on the metal.

I've been using toothpaste so far with good results and used Flash clean and care earlier. It worked well with a scrub from an old tooth brush. It contains bicarbonate of soda and is for all surfaces including steel, enamel and aluminium. Oxiclean should be found in the local supermarket, so I'll look for some when I get some time off. Quite impressed with the Flash but it only works with a scrub.
Ian

I've been using toothpaste so far with good results and used Flash clean and care earlier. It worked well with a scrub from an old tooth brush. It contains bicarbonate of soda and is for all surfaces including steel, enamel and aluminium. Oxiclean should be found in the local supermarket, so I'll look for some when I get some time off. Quite impressed with the Flash but it only works with a scrub.
Ian

Ian:

If that's working for you then that's all you need. There's no sense in making things overly complicated. You really only have to clean your razors very seldom if you do a good rinse after you're done shaving.

Paul :thumbup1: :biggrin1:

Overconcentrated sodium percarbonate peroxide, or whatever fancy name it is.

Sodium percarbonate is oxiclean. I pour a half a scoop in a pint(!) of hot water, throw a dirty old DE razor into it open/disassembled/whatever for 24 hours, and all the garbage rots off and floats around. Works way better than scrubbing bubbles.

That nickel-coated-brass stuff holds up pretty well, the nickel doesn't hardly wear off for anything; often the razor comes out shiny and new looking, with all the crud off, and no damage from whatever dirt and scale was encrusted on the metal.

I wonder what this solution would do to the paint on my red tip. I wouldn't want it to fall off with the gunk.

What do you think?

I wonder what this solution would do to the paint on my red tip. I wouldn't want it to fall off with the gunk.

What do you think?

Scrubbing Bubbles contains chemicals that weaken the structural integrity of acrylics. If the paint on your red tip is acrylic (probably), it will cause it to flake off.

There is a warning on the bottle not to use it on acrylics.

- Peter

Scrubbing Bubbles contains chemicals that weaken the structural integrity of acrylics. If the paint on your red tip is acrylic (probably), it will cause it to flake off.

There is a warning on the bottle not to use it on acrylics.

- Peter

Peter,

Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep that in mind.

DC

Do different brand razors, and types, all use different blades? Are blades from early razors, pre 1940, still available for use?
(My first time here, thank you).

Top Bottom