What's new

Shark Blades

I tried going a third day with a Shark and nearly tore my face apart. I'm still impressed by its first two shaves and generally satisfied with the blade as a whole, but will probably not make it a practice to eke out a third shave again.

I wonder, however, if the issue has more to do with my use of shave oil.

I tried going a third day with a Shark and nearly tore my face apart. I'm still impressed by its first two shaves and generally satisfied with the blade as a whole, but will probably not make it a practice to eke out a third shave again.

I wonder, however, if the issue has more to do with my use of shave oil.

Possibly. But shave oil works for some guys, so it is hard to say.

I had good results with a Shark SS and have put one in my razor for tomorrow after an Astra SP let me down for two shaves in a row (I got good results with the last one).

I am really happy with the Shark Super Chromes. Just got 100 of them from West Coast shaving. These seem to be the blade that works the best for me. Sharp, smooth, and generally last for 3-4 good shaves. I tried a Lord Super Stainless the other day and got a very similar result from it as well. The Lord were slightly cheaper too and may be another option if the rest of the shaves and pack treat me well.

Tried a Shark Stainless for the first time today. Not too impressive. I had very good lather and used my favorite razor (30's NEW). Shave was nowhere near as close as yesterday's first go with a feather (in a Tech), but the witch hazel burn was worse.

It was one blade in one razor, so I'll withhold final judgement. I have a pack of 5, so that should be 20 shaves (based on red ip usage). I'll try them out in a variety of razors, but the initial go hasn't been promising.

Tried a Shark Stainless for the first time today. Not too impressive.

I bought a pack of Shark Super Stainless and a pack of Shark Super Chromes. My experience with the Super Stainless was much the same as yours. I'm not a fan. But I do love the Shark Super Chromes.

Last edited:
Fascinating. I've had good luck with both, but I've always wondered if there was a difference between the Super Stainless and Super Chromes.

Once again, another vivid example of YMMV in blades. I think if someone ever produce a blade that everybody agrees is great, then the end is nigh.

A simple question for those who would know:

Are the SCs truly different from the SS?

Well, that's a difficult question to fully answer. The Shark Super Chromes are no longer on Lord's website (the manufacturer of Shark blades) and it's my understanding the Shark Super Stainless blades are their replacement. Any Super Chromes available now are NOS. I believe this is simply a rebranding exercise and it there is a difference between the two blades, it's quite subtle to my face.

Well, that's a difficult question to fully answer. The Shark Super Chromes are no longer on Lord's website (the manufacturer of Shark blades) and it's my understanding the Shark Super Stainless blades are their replacement. Any Super Chromes available now are NOS. I believe this is simply a rebranding exercise and it there is a difference between the two blades, it's quite subtle to my face.

Aha! That ol' time razz-ma-tazz, eh? Thanks! :laugh:

A simple question for those who would know:

Are the SCs truly different from the SS?

I have sampled and used both, one right after the other.
YMMV, but in my case I found the Stainless a hair sharper but with less glide/forgiving.
I do not have a problem switching from one to the other.
Shark Super Chromes are my favorite among all the blades I've tried, in any of the dozen plus razors I use.

As for rebranding the same blade, I've found the Super Chromes are far easier to locate online than the Stainless Steels, so indications are more likely the Stainless are being phasing out.

... I've found the Super Chromes are far easier to locate online than the Stainless Steels, so indications are more likely the Stainless are being phasing out.

Strange, I find the opposite! :huh: And the SC is gone from the razorslord.com/Brands/ site. Confuzzlement is reigning supreme over here in my place! And I'm less than delighted about this. :glare:

Thanks for your response! :001_smile

I've shaved a few Shark blades and they are one of my top blades. From what I can tell quality is consistent blade-to-blade. Very sharp, almost as sharp as a Feather. Perhaps slightly more forgiving.

Yeah I would tend to agree there is a lot of consistency in the sharpness of this blade. I would definitely agree that they are a little more forgiving than feathers as well. I personally keep them around because they are one of my favorite blades of all time.

I experience the SS as noticeably more forgiving. It may be all in me noggin. I have gone 5 or 6 days with a blade and it stood up well. I usually swap in a new one after 3 or 4. With the SC blades I tend to get minor weepers, not everytime, and nothing serious. Still a great blade. Plenty sharp. The alum block tells me I have more irritation with the SC.

:lol: Funny thing is Lord makes Sharks and their Lord line of blades, and the Lords are terible to me, but the Sharks a great. Go figure.

exact opposite for me, the Lord Platinum class are very decent, but Sharks seem harsh and tug...

Still, must be something to the Shark, tons of boosters here on B&B.

Top Bottom