What's new

Trumper's Spanish Leather=Better Than I Thought

I've posted before that I thought that Trumper's Spanish Leather smelled like some kind of fiendish concoction highlighted by a foul whiff of rancid balsamic vinegar. Well, I'd like to retract that. I tried some from a new bottle this weekend and I like it. Maybe my sample was skunked? My apologies to anybody who threw out their bottle or in any other way changed their life because of my comments. I will try to be more circumspect in the future.

Last edited:
It grew on me too. I like it a lot more now than I did when I first got it, but ever since I read a review where someone said it reminded them of dog flea shampoo, I can't help smelling that every time I put my nose to it. At least initially.

It grew on me too. I like it a lot more now than I did when I first got it, but ever since I read a review where someone said it reminded them of dog flea shampoo, I can't help smelling that every time I put my nose to it. At least initially.

That was me :scared:

It grew on me, though. I think it's a pretty damn good scent now. Weird.

I am in the process of ordering some of this Spanish Leather AS (haven't smelt it before but if its good enough for the majority here at B&B, then how can i go wrong!); What shaving soap do you guys use to compliment the scent of this AS??

I am in the process of ordering some of this Spanish Leather AS (haven't smelt it before but if its good enough for the majority here at B&B, then how can i go wrong!); What shaving soap do you guys use to compliment the scent of this AS??

i used it with tabac today, but honestly i don't usually worry about pairing soap and aftershaves.

great aftershave and scent, but not a lot of skin goodies. that's fine with me, though--i have speick, musgo and proraso when i need those!

I got a sample of it, along with several others, from Trumpers a few days ago. I do like the scent, but not as much as T&H Spanish Leather. The Trumpers is really faint on my skin.

+1!!!
Love the stuff!! I also need to get a bottle of the cologne! :thumbup1:

TESC has the cologne in a plastic travel bottle. It's costs less in plastic than it does in glass. Would the plastic somehow interact with the fragrance over time, though?

-Andy

TESC has the cologne in a plastic travel bottle. It's costs less in plastic than it does in glass. Would the plastic somehow interact with the fragrance over time, though?

-Andy

I saw that on the on line store too. I bet if you advertised on the BST somebody would have an empty bottle that you could use to decant it.

I have the T&H version and like it. Anyone know how it compares to Trumpers?

I have sampled both, and bought T&H. But for a strange reason! T&H, to me, is more spice and very little leather; not unlike the scent of D.R. Harris sandalwood aftershave. Trumper's has more of a leather smell. I like the spice! John

Last edited:
I have sampled both, and bought T&H. But for a strange reason! T&H, to me, is more spice and very little leather; not unlike the scent of D.R. Harris sandalwood aftershave. Trumper's has more of a leather smell. I like the spice! John

That was my thought exactly. I really like the spice in the T&H.

Top Bottom