What's new

Ted Pella Single edge and Injector blades

I am considering buying a large quantity of Ted pella single edge PTFE and injector PTFE blades, can anyone tell me if they are as good as the name brands Gem/Treet/Store Brand or Shick injector brand?

Ted Pella is a reseller, not a manufacturer. Pella sells the name-brand blades.

BUT: The brand (GEM by American Safety Razor aka ASR) makes different blades for different purposes. The PTFE-coated stainless steel, GEM blades you get in the drug store appear (from microscope pictures of the edges someone posted here a while back) to be different from the ones sold by Pella. The drugstore blades are meant for shaving. The Pellas are meant for things like specimen preparation. They appear to be sharper. I personally didn't notice any difference in practical use but never really tried to do a good comparison. Most reports are that the ones sold by Pella give at least as goos and maybe a better shave.

Another possibility is that the blades are generally the same but may have subtle differences from one batch to the next as time goes by and factory equipment gets adjusted or replaced. Maybe different factories produce slightly different results.

All of the above refers to SE blades. The story for Injectors may or may not be the same. (Are injector blades ever used for specimen preparation?)

Last edited:
All accounts I have read state that the Pella PTFE coated Stainless Steel SE and Injector blades are more than satisfactory for shaving purposes. Someone posted a link to some SE blades on Amazon that were the same as the Pella blades but they were significantly less expensive.

Top Bottom