What's new

TOBS Sandalwood or DR Harris Marlborough?

I am torn between TOBS sandalwood or DRH Marlborough. I like the sent of sandalwood, but I am tempted by the added scent of cedar. Does the DRH Marlborough smell more complex than the TOBS sandalwood?

Never tried the TOBS, but Marlborough is not known for being a long lasting scent. It's really nice, but I can't answer your question.

IMHO, the Taylor Sandalwood is a more complex scent. Althought I like Marlborough, I am not able to pick out specific fragrances therein. It is more jumbled. YMMV.

While I also like Marlborough, I have never been overwhelmed by the cedar in it. Perhaps a more refined nose can pick out the various scents, but I cannot.

Strangely enough, and despite its reputation, Marlborough lasts a very long time on me (as opposed to Arlington). Go figure.

I use both regularly. TOBS Sandalwood seems more complex to me, sandalwood with some spicy overtones. I do not detect much more than cedar in the Marlborough and it does not linger as long as the TOBS. They are very different. I use the cream and the A/S in each.
Larry

Top Bottom