What's new

Vintage Merkur Slant vs Modern Slant?

Hello all,
I am considering the vintage slant currently listed on the BST. Has anyone used both the modern and the vintage? I would really like to know how the vintage compares. I would much rather own the vintage. Thanks!!

The vintage is nice for both shaving and just having around to look pretty (especially if it has a case). Personally, I find the new slant to shave better. The cap has these dimple-like grooves in it that help the head to slide over your face with less drag.

I have two of those Slants like the one in the B/S/T. I prefer the thinner handle on that one as opposed to the HD Slants.

The vintage is nice for both shaving and just having around to look pretty (especially if it has a case). Personally, I find the new slant to shave better. The cap has these dimple-like grooves in it that help the head to slide over your face with less drag.

+ 1 in every word.

Thanks to all for the help. I found a very long thread on the vintage Slant as well...It convinced me....I bought it...I think I just might fit in around here!:wink2:

cc

Not with only one Slant! :001_tongu

LOL....Well it's my first week or so here....And I already bought the B&B 06' Brush and Razor set, a Rooney brush, some EJ ASB, and the Slant....I will be broke and divorced soon if this keeps up! So you guys will be stuck with me then!:wink2:

cc

I found the vintage slant to be less irritant than most of my razors,
specially on the neck where usually im prone to irritation.
Loaded whit a Feather blade it's a winner.

LOL....Well it's my first week or so here....And I already bought the B&B 06' Brush and Razor set, a Rooney brush, some EJ ASB, and the Slant....I will be broke and divorced soon if this keeps up! So you guys will be stuck with me then!:wink2:

cc

At least you won't have to pay alimony. :001_tongu

I'm with ShaveAddict and the Slant+Feather combo. I have not tried a new Slant but love my vintage Coles, even with the crack in the handle.

Top Bottom