What's new

Starting to biuld a shaving system

I am finally learning what works for me and what does not. There are razors, blades, soaps, and creams that I like and I get good shaves rom and also the same goes for items that simply set my ace on fire. Here is what I have found so far.

Gillette Tech
Gillette 57SS
Feather blades
Redbox IP's
Derby blades
Synthetic knot brush
Tweezerman brush
VDH drluxe
Kiss My Face (unscented)
Irish Moos shave stick

Dislike:
Astra blades
Dorco Blades
Lord Blades
Merkur Blades
Big Ben blades
Every Ready Boar Brush
Williams
Art Of Shaving (unscented)
CO Bigelow (Proraso)
TOBS
Cyril Salter
DR Harris

The soaps/creams listed above burn my face and irritate my skin, thus they simply do not work for me. I am finally learning what works for me which is a great thing. Now I am getting better shaves day after day, I love this hobby.

Working through the array of items in wetshaving can be a little overwhelming. It seems you have the task under control. The key is to only change one thing at a time as you test out new products. It can be time consuming, but it's a lot of fun.

Good for you. You're going about things in the right way, finding what works for you and what doesn't.

Everyone suggests what works for them, and that's fine, but you have to try it yourself to see if its a good fit for you. Don't forget that 100 people can tell you that a product isn't worth using, but when you try it it could turn out to be just right for you. Be sure to try out anything that's of interest to you. :001_tongu

I am glad to see you are finding products that work well for you. Sounds like you are having a good time in this new found "hobby".

great idea. I need to list down my likes and don't likes.

Also, why is everyone putting hobby in quotes? Wet shaving is definitely a hobby to a lot of the members here. For me, I'd say it's more of an interest :001_smile

Top Bottom