Operation Smile:smile:

:a50::a50::a50::a50::a50::a50::a50::a50::a50:

"THE BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO ME" CONTEST​

brought to you by your friends at:
proxy.php

West Coast Shaving

YEAH BABY!!!
proxy.php

"It's time for a Grand Prize Showcase Contest which I believe, will be really quite cool."

"Hey man, you know all the coolest things come from England, baby. Why just look at me.:biggrin:

Won't you have a look at all this groovy shave gear that good bloke, John, from West Coast Shaving has donated to this brilliant gig. You don't want to miss out on this one baby because its gonna be a smash. Oh, and the Merkur HD razor is sold in England too.":wink:

"All of this gear will surely get your mojo working. The DR Harris Arlington line is Mrs. Kensington's favorite."

-Austin Powers

Thanks Austin. You heard it B&B'ers. Straight from the International Man of Mystery himself.

Well here it is B&B'ers. You have looked at it. :eek2: You have fantasized about it arriving on your doorstep. You have even thought about wearing a bowler hat and carrying a Briggs umbrella if you win this prize.

Let's face it. Winning this prize would be one of the best things that ever happened to you, right? ( :wink: ). So let's play:

To enter this contest all you have to do is post in this thread and tell us what is the best thing that has ever happened to you. It can be anything (meeting your wife, the birth of a child, hitting a grand slam in little league, finding a mint Gillette 195 at a thrift store for $2.50 (If you did, I'll give you triple what you paid :wink:), or becoming a member at B&B :biggrin:. You can even post a picture if you like. It can be whatever it is you want it to be.

Then, next Sunday evening, we will rev up random.org and select a number. If that number matches your post number AND you have complied with the rules for entering this contest, you win. If the post of the number selected has not complied with the rules then we will rev up random.org again to select a winner.

If your number is selected and you have complied with the rules of the contest you will win the following luxurious shave line-up:

A bar of DR Harris Bath Soap.

proxy.php

Your new Arlington Shave Soap in a beautiful wood bowl.

proxy.php

Your new Simpson Chubby 2 Best Shaving Brush

proxy.php

Your new Gold Merkur HD razor.

proxy.php

Your new bottle of DR Harris Arlington aftershave.

proxy.php

Your new bottle of DR Harris Arlington Cologne.

proxy.php

(This prize package is valued at over $300.00!) :a14:

Only one entry per person. Multiple entries will be disqualified. This contest is CONUS only due to USPS restrictions.

So get your entry in and tell us what is the best thing that ever happened to you.

Back to you Austin:

"Oh.. and one more thing, baby. The good people here at B&B have been working on the Carnival proper dobber. Show your appreciation by donating to that ab-fab organization Operation Smile:smile:

Let's make this last week of the Carnival a truly grand finale. Please donate."

C'MON BABY, YEAH!

proxy.php

PLEASE CONSIDER MAKING A CONTRIBUTION TO:

Operation Smile:smile:

*A donation to Operation Smile is not required to win.

**Badger & Blade.com is not affiliated with Operation Smile nor does B&B derive any benefit from donations made in the name of Badger & Blade.com.

*** Prizes may be subject to change.

**** The final decision on the outcome of all contests rest within the sole discretion of the Moderators and all decisions are final. Any belly-aching will result in an automatic disqualification and removal from any further participation in any other contests for the duration of the Carnival.

*****B&B is not responsible for any prizes that are undelivered to recipient from vendors and/or companies.

******Due to USPS Regulations, any alcohol-based prizes are for CONUS only unless the vendor supplying the prize designates otherwise.

best thing (besides my own personal birth):

Birth of my son. The life (mine) has meaning.

and thanks to all for the great "IT."

and thanks, B&B.

Jon

The best thing for me was getting married to my wife.

That woman is the best thing that ever happened to me.

-- John Gehman

The best thing that happened to me was around 18 and a half years ago. I was born! I mean srsly, what else could be better?

(*Edit, If one looks at birth being the best thing ever, one could say my life has been going down hill my whole life :p lol)

17th Birthday. On my own in Manhattan for 4 days.

Drinking age in 1982 was 18, I looked 24.

MOMA: Heineken on tap.

The Oyster Bar: Bombay Martini and a half dozen on the shell.

Chinese food delivered to a park bench outside the Hayden Planetarium by a 105 year old guy on a 1950's Schwinn.

Two hour wait at JFK in the classic, iconic, TWA Terminal.

Good times.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
The best thing that ever happened to me was joining the United States Navy.

That step put me on the path for all of the great things in my life that followed;

The training I received got me a fabulous job that I love.

I met my beautiful and loving wife as a result of that job.

I found my way here to B&B as a result of both of the above.

One link in a chain that has provided the both of us a good life with which we are both happy, and what more can you ask than that?

The best thing that ever happened to me?? It was back in high school. I was a mediocre freshman trumpet player, when the tuba player in our band, whom I'll call "Phil" (because that was his name), casually mentioned that we could use another tuba player for the following year. I don't know why, but I volunteered for it. That moment changed my life completely, and set my life on course. If not for that, I never would have majored in music, never would have met the friend who eventually introduced me to the woman I will someday marry, and would never have the job I enjoy so much. So yeah, I'd say that was the best thing that ever happened to me, so far, at least.

Although, the time I found $240 in $20 bills on the sidewalk was pretty awesome, too!!

The best thing that ever happened to me was becoming engaged to my wonderful Fiance. Pretty soon this will be overshadowed with the wedding, but that won't happen until May.

~Ben

Serving in the military! Got me out of the small town I lived in and out into the world. Made me grow up! Made me self-reliant. Taught me responsibility like nothing ever has. Met some wonderful people and visited some wonderful places! Some of my favorites:

Nassau - Bahamas
Nova Scotia - Canada
Palma de Mallorca-Spain
Cannes & Marseilles - France
Rome & Trieste - Italy
Rhodes - Greece
Jerusalem & Bethlehem - Israel

I just wish I had the appreciation for fine beer and wetshaving back then!

proxy.php

USS Dwight D. Eisenhower CVN-69

proxy.php

Best thing that has happened to me? I did find a fatboy for a quarter once!

Non shaving related my wife of course! Afterall, she allows me to hang out here!

That's easy, my mother. For every one thing she couldn't teach me, she taught me ten other things I would never have known. Thanks Mum, RIP.

Without a doubt, the birth of my extravagantly awesome daughter is the best thing that ever happened to me. She's 17 months old tomorrow, and she's smart, funny, beautiful, fast, and eager to learn.

Here's a picture of her with her 96-year-old great grandfather, at Halloween.

The best thing that ever happened to me wasn't really a "happening" per se but was achieving a goal I had set for myself. I earned a college degree. An education is the best thing that could ever happen to anyone, IMO.

Top Bottom