Thread: "The Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me" Contest

Images

Thumbs up "The Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me" Contest

Operation Smile

"THE BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO ME" CONTEST

brought to you by your friends at:

West Coast Shaving

YEAH BABY!!!

"It's time for a Grand Prize Showcase Contest which I believe, will be really quite cool."

"Hey man, you know all the coolest things come from England, baby. Why just look at me.

Won't you have a look at all this groovy shave gear that good bloke, John, from West Coast Shaving has donated to this brilliant gig. You don't want to miss out on this one baby because its gonna be a smash. Oh, and the Merkur HD razor is sold in England too."

"All of this gear will surely get your mojo working. The DR Harris Arlington line is Mrs. Kensington's favorite."

-Austin Powers

Thanks Austin. You heard it B&B'ers. Straight from the International Man of Mystery himself.

Well here it is B&B'ers. You have looked at it. You have fantasized about it arriving on your doorstep. You have even thought about wearing a bowler hat and carrying a Briggs umbrella if you win this prize.

Let's face it. Winning this prize would be one of the best things that ever happened to you, right? ( ). So let's play:

To enter this contest all you have to do is post in this thread and tell us what is the best thing that has ever happened to you. It can be anything (meeting your wife, the birth of a child, hitting a grand slam in little league, finding a mint Gillette 195 at a thrift store for $2.50 (If you did, I'll give you triple what you paid ), or becoming a member at B&B . You can even post a picture if you like. It can be whatever it is you want it to be.

Then, next Sunday evening, we will rev up random.org and select a number. If that number matches your post number AND you have complied with the rules for entering this contest, you win. If the post of the number selected has not complied with the rules then we will rev up random.org again to select a winner.

If your number is selected and you have complied with the rules of the contest you will win the following luxurious shave line-up:

A bar of DR Harris Bath Soap.

Your new Arlington Shave Soap in a beautiful wood bowl.

Your new Simpson Chubby 2 Best Shaving Brush

Your new Gold Merkur HD razor.

Your new bottle of DR Harris Arlington aftershave.

Your new bottle of DR Harris Arlington Cologne.

(This prize package is valued at over $300.00!)

Only one entry per person. Multiple entries will be disqualified. This contest is CONUS only due to USPS restrictions.

So get your entry in and tell us what is the best thing that ever happened to you.

Back to you Austin:

"Oh.. and one more thing, baby. The good people here at B&B have been working on the Carnival proper dobber. Show your appreciation by donating to that ab-fab organization Operation Smile

Let's make this last week of the Carnival a truly grand finale. Please donate."

C'MON BABY, YEAH!

PLEASE CONSIDER MAKING A CONTRIBUTION TO:

Operation Smile

*A donation to Operation Smile is not required to win.

**Badger & Blade.com is not affiliated with Operation Smile nor does B&B derive any benefit from donations made in the name of Badger & Blade.com.

*** Prizes may be subject to change.

**** The final decision on the outcome of all contests rest within the sole discretion of the Moderators and all decisions are final. Any belly-aching will result in an automatic disqualification and removal from any further participation in any other contests for the duration of the Carnival.

*****B&B is not responsible for any prizes that are undelivered to recipient from vendors and/or companies.

******Due to USPS Regulations, any alcohol-based prizes are for CONUS only unless the vendor supplying the prize designates otherwise.
    Cheers,

Bob

I don't want to be a millionaire, I just want to live like one. - Dean Martin

Veteran of the Great Irisch Moos Campaign of 2008-9
    Proud Member of the Eagle Group Buy of 2010
    Soap For Hope is the Key - 2011
    The 3017 Journey - 1/1/2010 to 12/31/2013

Images

best thing (besides my own personal birth):

Birth of my son. The life (mine) has meaning.

and thanks to all for the great "IT."

and thanks, B&B.

Jon

Images

The best thing for me was getting married to my wife.

That woman is the best thing that ever happened to me.

-- John Gehman

learning how to shave properly was the best thing that ever happened to me.
    michael

Getting married in Vegas to my wonderful wife.

The best thing that happened to me was around 18 and a half years ago. I was born! I mean srsly, what else could be better?

(*Edit, If one looks at birth being the best thing ever, one could say my life has been going down hill my whole life :P lol)

17th Birthday. On my own in Manhattan for 4 days.

Drinking age in 1982 was 18, I looked 24.

MOMA: Heineken on tap.

The Oyster Bar: Bombay Martini and a half dozen on the shell.

Chinese food delivered to a park bench outside the Hayden Planetarium by a 105 year old guy on a 1950's Schwinn.

Two hour wait at JFK in the classic, iconic, TWA Terminal.

Good times.
    "Well, if we took the bones out it wouldn't be crunchy, would it?

The best thing that ever happened to me was joining the United States Navy.

That step put me on the path for all of the great things in my life that followed;

The training I received got me a fabulous job that I love.

I met my beautiful and loving wife as a result of that job.

I found my way here to B&B as a result of both of the above.

One link in a chain that has provided the both of us a good life with which we are both happy, and what more can you ask than that?
    Phil
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Images

Meeting my wife.
    Daniel

"Most men pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it."
    -Soren Kierkegaard

Certified B&B Old Fogie

Steward of Shaving Creams

The best thing that ever happened to me?? It was back in high school. I was a mediocre freshman trumpet player, when the tuba player in our band, whom I'll call "Phil" (because that was his name), casually mentioned that we could use another tuba player for the following year. I don't know why, but I volunteered for it. That moment changed my life completely, and set my life on course. If not for that, I never would have majored in music, never would have met the friend who eventually introduced me to the woman I will someday marry, and would never have the job I enjoy so much. So yeah, I'd say that was the best thing that ever happened to me, so far, at least.

Although, the time I found $240 in $20 bills on the sidewalk was pretty awesome, too!!
    Tim - Order of the Fat
    Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is THE BEST. ― Frank Zappa

Images

The best thing that ever happened to me was becoming engaged to my wonderful Fiance. Pretty soon this will be overshadowed with the wedding, but that won't happen until May.

~Ben
    Enjoy!
    ~Ben
    Merkur 38C, Stahly Live Blade, Derby's, Tabac Soap, C.O. Bigelow Cream, Arko Shave Stick, Nivea "Sensative" Post Shave Balm, and a Tweezerman

Default The Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me

Serving in the military! Got me out of the small town I lived in and out into the world. Made me grow up! Made me self-reliant. Taught me responsibility like nothing ever has. Met some wonderful people and visited some wonderful places! Some of my favorites:

Nassau - Bahamas
    Nova Scotia - Canada
    Palma de Mallorca-Spain
    Cannes & Marseilles - France
    Rome & Trieste - Italy
    Rhodes - Greece
    Jerusalem & Bethlehem - Israel

I just wish I had the appreciation for fine beer and wetshaving back then!

USS Dwight D. Eisenhower CVN-69

~Mark~

The births of my children are the best things that have ever happened to me.
    --Jason

Images

Best thing that has happened to me? I did find a fatboy for a quarter once!

Non shaving related my wife of course! Afterall, she allows me to hang out here!

Images

Getting married
    [B][/B] HOPPER
    Keep your blades DRY
    [url]http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/yourmoney/chi-ym-spending-1104nov04,0,936147.story[/url]

Working as a tour manager and seeing the country for three years.

Thanks guys!

That's easy, my mother. For every one thing she couldn't teach me, she taught me ten other things I would never have known. Thanks Mum, RIP.
    -Khary

"Theme music, every good hero should have some." - John Spade

Meeting my girlfriend.
    Jesse

Without a doubt, the birth of my extravagantly awesome daughter is the best thing that ever happened to me. She's 17 months old tomorrow, and she's smart, funny, beautiful, fast, and eager to learn.

Here's a picture of her with her 96-year-old great grandfather, at Halloween.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails popandh.jpg  
    Ockham's Razor: "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem."

Images

My future wife accepting my nervous request for a date (she was and is totally out of my league). This led to the best 13 years of my life and my beautiful daughter. Everything else good that happens is a result of this.
    Last edited by texbilly; 11-15-2009 at 07:55 AM.
    [SIZE=2][B][COLOR=#0000ff]Bill[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]