What's new

Got a watch, need a band

I have a Lumnox Navy Seal watch that I have had since college. I would like to get rid of the velcro band it came with and replace it with a black or dark metal band. Any ideas if these exist?

Good grief those are pricey!!

Does anyone know if in order for the titrium to light up the battery has to work? I noticed that my watch really does not glow anymore.

I always assumed the glow was independent of the battery, but that may explain why it's so much brighter than most other watches...

Also, I went with a thick rubber watch band stye (because I like Scuba) and I'm loving it... bear in mind that I never wore anything but metal bands before this.

Here's my band, and I highly recommend it

Awesome

The tritium light source is totally independent of the battery, putting a new battery in the watch won't make it glow any brighter, the stuff is in sealed vials/capsules and it does have a shelf life, i.e. it glows brightly for "x" years then less brightly and can fade totally, how old is the watch? all of my H3/Trazer/Luminox's the median was about 5 years after that they got dimmer

Well, in the dark I can see that it does in fact still glow. I got the battery replaced too.

The tritium vials have a half life of about 9 years and are totally self powered. They don't absorb light and glow like luminova though if you put them under UV light they will glow very brightly. Usually they serve for about 15 years because they are so bright to begin with. Once they dim your out of luck. The only way to solve that issue is replace the face which at that price point makes no sense. I know Ball watches uses the same system and they guarantee the lume of course most of their watches are in the 2 grand range.

The tritium vials have a half life of about 9 years and are totally self powered. They don't absorb light and glow like luminova though if you put them under UV light they will glow very brightly. Usually they serve for about 15 years because they are so bright to begin with. Once they dim your out of luck. The only way to solve that issue is replace the face which at that price point makes no sense. I know Ball watches uses the same system and they guarantee the lume of course most of their watches are in the 2 grand range.

Thanks. This is good to know

This is good to know. I think I would like to send this watch in for an overhaul and new crystal. Once there I will have them but on the new band. Any luck or advice with the luminox service dept?

This is good to know. I think I would like to send this watch in for an overhaul and new crystal. Once there I will have them but on the new band. Any luck or advice with the luminox service dept?

My luck with them was terrible. I sent mine in when they were changing subcontractors apparently... Long story short, I sent it in less than 2 months after buying it, and they had it for at least 8 months...

Top Bottom