What's new

Who among us, if anyone, can pull off . . .

I love derbys but have yet to find one I can pull off. I usually wear flat caps. I'm thinking the smaller brim of a trilby might work for me.

Maybe it's a matter of the right attitude.
proxy.php

Is the guy in Clockwork wearing a derby bowler hat?

Maybe I'm missing something here. Isn't the above screen shot enough to answer the question? Did you not recognize the hat? The movie? Not sure what a Bowler (aka Derby in the USA) is? Exactly what is the question?

That's what I was just going to say. I've seen a number of people pull off wearing derby hats during Halloween as droogs from Clockwork, but never more than that.

I'm also confused by this. You see people in Halloween costumes dressed in Clockwork Orange costumes with Bowler hats and still are not sure if they were so dressed in the actual movie? Even with the above screen shot?

I feel I have really gone adrift in this conversation!

EDIT: I was going to let Will P.C.'s comment go but when I see a second post with the same question I start to wonder. Maybe I need to lighten up on my blood thinner meds!

Last edited:
Unfortunately, due to my face shape the only hat that really suits me is a Fedora.

But I'm put off wearing one though because people will just assume I'm trying to be a hipster.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Unfortunately, due to my face shape the only hat that really suits me is a Fedora.

But I'm put off wearing one though because people will just assume I'm trying to be a hipster.

I went through that while looking for a decent Fedora. Most places now are selling the "hipster" thin brim fedoras (some of which have metal emblems embedded for Criminy Sakes).

Just find a nice wool or fur felt one with a traditional hatband and you'll look superlative.

Maybe I'm missing something here. Isn't the above screen shot enough to answer the question? Did you not recognize the hat? The movie? Not sure what a Bowler (aka Derby in the USA) is? Exactly what is the question?

I'm also confused by this. You see people in Halloween costumes dressed in Clockwork Orange costumes with Bowler hats and still are not sure if they were so dressed in the actual movie? Even with the above screen shot?

I feel I have really gone adrift in this conversation!

EDIT: I was going to let Will P.C.'s comment go but when I see a second post with the same question I start to wonder. Maybe I need to lighten up on my blood thinner meds!

I have never seen or heard of a derby bowler hat before. I wanted to know if that was a good rep. of what that hat is.

Top Bottom