What's new

W&B 9/8 Chopper w/ Custom Bone Scales.

Finally found a material that balances perfectly with these big Blades. Got lucky with this. The weight and feel seem to match perfectly with this massive beast. Blade measures just a hair under 9/8ths at its widest point. I was also able to save the original bullseyes. Bone Scales were sealed with CA. Wedge is also Bone. This thing weighs just over 4 ounces. My next heaviest blade is my 8/8 Goldedge, which weighs just over 2.5 Ounces.

Thanks gents. If you have a big heavy chopper, such as this, I think bone may be a good candidate to consider for rescaling. I was pleasantly surprised on how well balanced the blade felt before vs. after.

What is "CA"? I'm making some scales out of Bolivian Rosewood and trying to figure out what's best to use (that won't take weeks or months to cure).

What is "CA"? I'm making some scales out of Bolivian Rosewood and trying to figure out what's best to use (that won't take weeks or months to cure).

I believe there is a tutorial on the restoration page. Excellent stuff that provides a great finish. I also like to use danish oil and renaissance wax on rosewood. Takes about 5 days for that type of finish.

Top Bottom