What's new

Suggestion for Great Straight Razor shave in Atlanta?

Going to be in Atlanta next weekend and wondered if any of you know of a barber shop with really exceptional straight razor shaves? Thanks! :smile:

I wish I did, as that is the big city nearest all of my family, and I'll be going through ATL (hopefully) before too long. I'm watching this thread, though, to see if it gets any bites.

I don't think any barbershops give great shaves anymore.

Do a search, and 9/10 stories are of truly sub-par experiences.

I don't think any barbershops give great shaves anymore.

Do a search, and 9/10 stories are of truly sub-par experiences.

Which is a shame. I looked into the barber's exam in PA out of curiosity... Of the 1,000 hours or so of instruction 240 of it is straight razor shaving. That doesn't include stropping or honing either.

Straight razor shaving is the second largest curriculum behind "Hair cutting and styling".

They supposedly spend 10x as much time on straight usage then learning how to color hair.

I'm guessing Georgia would be similar.

Maybe they just don't do it that often, so it fades. The saddest reality of that would be you'd be better off going to someone who just finished his exam than someone who's been in business for 30 years.

Not to mention they'd be using a shavette, not a real straight due to health concerns.

My advice: take $40, buy a straight in the BST, and get a lifetime of great shaves.

Top Bottom