What's new

Mission Accomplished-1st DE Shave

Fairly clean, no nicks. Once I get my technique down I think the problem areas, lower neck, under side of chin will be no problem. They were about the only places that didn't come out pretty darn smooth. I just wasn't ready to do much more than N-S passes. I could also tell my cream whipping technique could you some work. I don't think the cream I made was quite as hydrated as it should've been. Still, what I made worked well.

Supporting Players
Merkur HD
WW Personna Blade (Sampler not here yet, was desparate with 4 days scruff going)
Body Shop Shave Cream
Thayer's Witch Hazel w/ Aloe
Neutrogena Oil Free Moisture

Followed Kyle's pre shave post. We have a padded leather bench at the foot of our bed. Reclined there nicely with the warm towel for a few minutes. That was sweet. 3 passes later-happy camper.

Can't wait for tomorrow morning. :001_tt1:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
And you lived to tell. See, not so bad.

It gets better and better and better.........

M

modern man

I bet you cant stop touching your face.

Admit it your a faceterbater! :biggrin:

Good Job buddy! :cool:

We have a padded leather bench at the foot of our bed. Reclined there nicely with the warm towel for a few minutes. That was sweet. 3 passes later-happy camper.

Can't wait for tomorrow morning. :001_tt1:

Nice touch! While I'm eccentric, I'm not yet rich. If I ever manage to fall into both categories, I would find it hard not to purchase myself an old barber's chair for the same purpose. :biggrin:

Congratulations, sounds like it went pretty well. My wife picked up a tube of that same Body Shop shave cream for me, I'm not having much luck with it either. She also bought the KISTNA ASB though and that's my current favorite, I recommend it highly.

I've been having much better results with shave soaps than creams in general and with TGQ soaps in particular. Haven't tried Mama Bear's yet but they're on my list as well.
Jack

Nice touch! While I'm eccentric, I'm not yet rich. If I ever manage to fall into both categories, I would find it hard not to purchase myself an old barber's chair for the same purpose. :biggrin:

Don't forget the plasma screen Bolted to the ceiling right above that chair Kyle!!:thumbup:

I bet you cant stop touching your face.

Admit it your a faceterbater!

Have to admit there was quite a bit of that going on. The night shave was nice and relaxing, took my time. This morning I was pressed for time and skipped the morning shave today, but really looking forward to a nice shave this evening.

...I would find it hard not to purchase myself an old barber's chair for the same purpose.

The bench, which btw is used for the sexy purpose of putting on shoes and storing blankets :hand: , is likely the closest I'll get to a barber chair (which is a capital idea IMO). Butt on the bench, lean back onto the bed...ahhh.

I think I've figured out that Body Shop shave cream. Found a reference to "traditional" methods of using of shave creams on here somewhere and decided to give it a try so here's what I did:

- Soaked the brush in a mug of hot water while applying a hot towel to my face.
- Thoroughly wet my face with hot water.
- Shook out the brush to barely damp.
- Applied nickle sized dollup of shave cream directly to the brush tips.
- Built lather on my face.
- Adjusted lather's moisture level by dipping brush tip in water and reworking the lather.

This seems to give vastly improved results over trying to build my lather in a mug and then transferring to my face as that always seemed way too wet and thin. It won't be replacing my shave soaps by any means but it gives me a handy option for travelling without packing my mug and other bulky gear. I'm guessing this would work equally well with any of the other shave creams out there too. Hmmm, I feel a shopping experience coming on ....
Jack

Great stuff, allmodcons! :biggrin:

An antique barber chair... hhmmmm... I like that idea! Of course, it will probably take a couple of gorillas to deliver one! Those things are "heavy"!

Smooth shavin'!

chop-chop

Top Bottom