What's new

Best & worst soap/cream you have used

Best soap for me so far has been Cella if you consider that a Soap. Best Soap stick is hands down Valobra and best cream is T&H Grafton. The Cella provides a very protective moisturizing shave , smells great but I find it a tad harder to get BBS in those hard to reach places. The Valobra is great. The T&H smells the best of all creams I have tried and gave me the most BBS shave while being protective at the same time.

Worst by far is P.160 , I really wanted to like this cream after going crazy to get it but it gave me bumps like no other with no changes to the shave routine.

Edit: I have to add Acqua Di Parma in here!

Last edited:
Best cream - DR Harris - which has also become my favorite I think.

Worst soap - Williams

Last edited:
Worst Cream - Weleda - had to use half the tube to get it to lather
Best Cream - Dead heat between GFT Rose and CF Lime
Best Soap - Tabac

I would say that my best soap has been VDH Deluxe and Irish Moos shave stick. My worst soap hands down is Williams. Best shave cream is Kiss MY Face, worst shave cream is Proraso/CO Bigelow (because it sets my face on fire).

Best cream so far - T&H Ultimate Comfort

Worst cream so far - Cremo Cream

Best soap so far - Proraso Green Tea

Worst soap so far - C&E Sandalwood (I don't know if I'm allergic to something in that one, but it stings my skin everytime)

Best Soap: Irisch Moos shave stick
Best Cream: GFT Lime

Worst Soap: Tie - Palmolive shave stick and La Toja shave stick - they both caused an allergic reaction on my face - they BURNED!
Worst Cream: Cremo Cream - I know it has it's fans, but the scent turned me off as did the super, super slickness of the stuff. I felt like my razor was going to slip out of my hand, plus it was hard to rinse off. Not for me at all.:angry:

Hello everyone, I am curious, what is the best and worst cream/soap you have ever used?

Best Cream: Palmolive (American)
Worst Cream: Kiss My Face (Peach)
Best Soap: VDH Deluxe
Worst Soap: N/A (Edit: I did try Williams a while back and had no luck. Definitely a contender for worst.)

Erasmic cream is my favorite scent (of all shaving items), but every time I break out my dwindling suppy of Palmolive, I'm simply amazed at the quality of the lather (and creams are the largest variety of shaving item I have). Also, I'm a dork and love the soapy smell. It smells vintage, authentic and transports me to a better place. (Skin Bracer is its after shave counterpart in this regard.)

KMF: Smells nice, but lathers lousy. I bought this from someone who'd barely used it. Now I now why. (But I also got some Ingrams and two tubes of Palmolive in the deal, so score!)

Soaps: I've only tried VDH and two Mamma Bear's. Mamma Bear works just fine and smells great, but VDH is a better shaver. It helps that I love the smell of that, too.

Steve

Last edited:
Worst Soap--- Williams (but it keeps the mosquitoes away)
Best Soap L'Occitane Cade

Best Cream --- Nancy Boy or Trumper Lime
Worst Cream --- None-- I like them all

I say Williams is my worst ever soap so far because it makes my face red and irritated, so it does not matter if it lathers well or not...I just can not use it. I want to try a high end soap and see how it may work for me...just to know.

Best cream: My Time Bath & Body Menthol 10/10 (great lather and lots of tallow)
Best soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat/Tabac (great lather and great scents)

Worst cream: Acqua di Parma (great efficacy but terrible scent)
Worst soap: No name (a soap I purchased at a farmer's market)

Best cream: My Time Bath & Body Menthol 10/10 (great lather and lots of tallow)
Best soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat/Tabac (great lather and great scents)

Worst cream: Acqua di Parma (great efficacy but terrible scent)
Worst soap: No name (a soap I purchased at a farmer's market)

I will gladly take care of that awful scent for you!

Limited experience so far but here goes.

Best cream: T&H ultimate comfort/The Body Shop
Worst cream: TSD(still trying to get good lather from it)

As far as best soap, I still need to try some that I have so I'll go with Col. Conk.
Worst soap: Tabac (the lather is always too "light" and not slick enough)

Best Soap: Tabac or Proraso White

Worst Soap: Arko - good lather but irritates my skin. I think it is the scent, which reminds me of laundry soap - which also irritates my skin.

Don't use creams.

Limited experience so far but here goes.

As far as best soap, I still need to try some that I have so I'll go with Col. Conk.
Worst soap: Tabac (the lather is always too "light" and not slick enough)

Something isn't right there.

Best Soap: Tabac - consistently my best shaves
Best Cream: Proraso - mentholated, Musgo Real is good too - but not too crazy about creams

Worst Soap: the hard glycerine Col Conk Soaps, hardest to make lots of high quality lather
Worst Cream: Cremo, just didn't feel right

btw: for me, Williams was a great soap to learn how to make good lather; after about 20 tries, all of my soaps were easy to make good lather. and you can use it to break in a stinky (moth balls and wet animal) boar brushes

Top Bottom