What's new

Cartridges for Ladies Schick Super II Classic

I just picked this up for my wife. I also got one for myself when I travel, just in case my DE blades get delayed in the checked baggage and if I have to shave with a cartridge, then I at least want a cool looking handle!

In any event, I'm trying to figure out what cartridges will work on these. I heard that Gillette Trac II's should do the trick just fine. I then also heard that sometimes the interface isn't quite the same for all Schick Super IIs. So, I thought I'd post some pics to try to get confirmation and recommendations, especially if any of the ladies out there know of any cartridges that would work for these that would be especially good for my wife.

I included a picture of the razor, a close up of the head, and the cartridges that came with it.

Thanks all.

Hi Brian,

Thats a Trac2 handle so you can buy Trac2 cartridges at any Walgreens,CVS or Walmart. However I recommend either Personna or a house brand as they are 75% cheaper and work just as well. Gillette introduced the Trac2 around 1970 and that started the era of cartridge razors.

Okay. Great! I was hoping that those would work.

Does anybody know what year(s) these were made and if there is any way of figuring out when it was made? I don't see anything like a date-code system, but maybe I'm blind.

I believe those are from the mid-seventies. Those are the really good "adjustible" cartridges that let you pick L M or H for your shave. Read the directions, because I believe the setting of the blade may be counter-intuitive.

Hmm...I don't see any directions with it. What is the L M H business about? I notice it on the packaging for the cartridges, but there is nothing explaining it. I noticed that it said "Adjustable," but that just didn't make any sense to me because the head is fixed. I'm guessing the L M H is maybe something like Low Medium High? How can a fixed head razor adjust?

I just grabbed a pack. It has a bar code on so it is probably post-1975. It says the H setting is for tough beards and extra closeness. The L setting is for a close shave with less irritation. You slide it left to right to adjust.

These are good blades period. Watch your fingers as they are super sharp.......

It's really annoying Schick never issued their year/letter number codes..:thumbdown i own myself several Schick/Wilki's razors and original carts but none of them are securely dated...Here the Schick carts, original ones are still available, not at wally and so on but at little neighbourhood groceries, until the stock ends...

That said you have there a nice piece indeed and a TracII head will do the job.

Top Bottom