What's new

institut karite shave soap

I see this soap never really mentioned here and thought it seems to be ok. Is there any reasons why it is not recommended like a Tabac or MWF?

IK gets some play around here. It seems that most folks lump Institute Karite, Provence Sante, and Pre de Provence into that same "no tallow, but very moisturizing and overall excellent French soap" category.

some guys really like it (myself included). That reminds me, I haven't used my puck in a while - I'll give it a try tomorrow.

It's a nice soap. It's vegetable-based, very moisturizing with shea butter. It has a nice subtle scent as well - very fresh, clean "soapy" scent to it.

It doesn't have a lot of downsides to it IMO. It's a solid soap but doesn't have a lot of major pluses to it, either - no strong scent, etc.

If it is ignored, it's ignored unfairly. It's a terrific soap. It's sort of like one of those solid employees in an organization - it keeps its head down, does its work very well, but doesn't get a lot of attention, sometimes to their detriment.

I see this soap never really mentioned here and thought it seems to be ok. Is there any reasons why it is not recommended like a Tabac or MWF?

IK is a great soap - I used it regularly for a while but have since gotten into using only tallow based soaps (works better for my skin). IK is a good choice for gents with sensitive skin, IMO...

There are several good reviews on it in the Reviews section. It usually does get lumped into the French Soap category because that's what it is. I haven't tried any of the other IK products, but the soap is top notch good. Very, very moisturizing and cushioning. I am trying to finish off all my refill pucks. I finished off my IK puck a couple weeks ago and now and about 1/3 of the way through a Provence Sante puck. I prefer the IK to the PS so far.

Marshall's has this for 3.99 a puck for the shea triple milled soap. I only bought one because I had never heard of it.

IK hard soap is solid (no pun!)!
You should also consider their shave cream and of course, their moisturizing creams.

proxy.php

Marshall's has this for 3.99 a puck for the shea triple milled soap. I only bought one because I had never heard of it.
I picked up a puck there last month and have been very pleasantly surprised. Several earlier posters have compared it to Pre de Provence, but I feel that it is a much better performing soap than Pre de Provence (which I have and also use). Scent, of course, is subjective, but lately I'm tired of soaps with "big scents" and I'm enjoying some of the more laid back traditional soaps like Institute Karite, MWF and Klar Classic. (Next week I'll probably return to the artisan "you've got to smell this" soaps).

IK aftershave balm is terrific, especially if you like low-intensity fragrance as I do. Very smooth going on and absorbs quickly too. But where are IK products available?

I 3017’d a puck a few years ago. Good performance. The scent is floral/powdery. I prefer PdP scents and PS green tea. IK scent for me is better than PS Verlaine.

Top Bottom