What's new

guess what i did...

so after i busted *** to get out of work only an hour late...i finally get home and as im emptying my pockets i discover i still have the backroom equipment and electronic stockroom keys. i now get to go all the way back just to turn them in. happy happy, joy joy.

That's the entire prediction of 12-21-12....someone loses keys....

haha, if they come up as lost theyll look in the key log and see that i was signed to them last and call me at 4 in the morning when they are trying to move the equipment out of the way. its happened before, not that i kept the keys over night. somebody put them in the drawer at guest service under a cash register instead of back in the key box and the opening manager didnt think to look in the drawer. and if they really are lost itll be a pain to go about using the equipment and opening the electronic stock room because thats the backrooms only set of keys. wed have to call a manager to use their keys all the time. that too has happened and it sucks since were pretty much timed on everything.

If its work related, seems like it is, put in an overtime slip. Its worth a shot. :thumbup1:

haha i wish. theyll cut their own eyes out before theyd approve overtime. we dont hit overtime until weve worked 40 hours for the week(as opposed to 8 hours for the day) so last week i worked a 7 hour shift, two 9 hour shifts, a 10 hour shift and on the last day for the week i worked 5 hours. ive worked three 9 hour shifts and one 10 hour shift before and got a call asking if id come in for that one hour. yea.

I've done that before. I once took the keys to the arms room home (40 minute drive) and got changed, showered and started relaxing before I got the call that the keys were missing. I had to run them back about 2 hours after I got off work. :mad::mad:

I feel your pain.

Just the other day I drove to work, and got out of my car thinking "man, my shoes feel awfully comfortable today". I looked down only to realize that I was still wearing my Asics, and my steel toes were in my living room. I had to drive back home to get them.

The good thing is that I only live about 20 minutes from work, and I dont punch a clock, so I was still getting paid.

In my line of work, I dont get a whole lot of days off (maybe 2 or 3 per month). I happened to get the whole weekend off one week, and decided to leave a little early on Friday (4pm is leaving early for me when working days). I got home, got out of my work clothes, ate dinner, and decided to get on the computer. It was then that I realized that I had left my laptop charger at work. Being that my laptop is our only functioning computer, I had to drive back up here to get the thing.

Top Bottom