What's new

Edwin Jagger Georgian

I just got a Edward Jagger Georgian razor. It's very nice looking and feels great in the hand. The weight is nice and similar to a Merkur HD. I do like the larger EJ grip though. Only had 1 shave with it so far but it definitely feels a little less agressive than the Merkur. I bought it from the English Shaving Co. It was on sale and had free shipping which came in about a week.

I have a EJ Georgian as well. It took me a while before buying it because I was concerned about the handle. My concerns were unfounded, and the razor and handle are among my favorites.

eric.

Congratulations on a splendid acquisition. I broke out the Georgian yeasterday for the first time in months and did four passes to a BBS. This with the old Merkur head that I switched out from my regular EJ Bulbous. Georgians aren't as light in weight as the other EJ razors that have polyester handles, but they are still a bit head heavy when compared to the brass handled Bulbous and Chatsworth models. I love the shape and I think that puts most of the handle's weight as far from the head as possible, so there is a different balance point in a Georgian when compared to other models that are more uniform in diameter.

Top Bottom