What's new

Pinaud Hurt me

Wow. I tried a splash of the Pinaud Bay Rum this morning and man, it was like someone lit my face on fire! My face turned all red and had to cool down. I put on some proraso aftershave cream to help sooth.

Yikes.

Just thought I'd share.

Pinaud BR and I have a complicated relationship. She only knows how to play rough, and her biting always leaves me sore. Its an acquired taste, but after a while, I always find myself coming back for more. She thinks its cute, but it doesn't make her any more gentle. She's one mean, sexy mama.
proxy.php

:001_tongu

Pinaud BR and I have a complicated relationship. She only knows how to play rough, and her biting always leaves me sore. Its an acquired taste, but after a while, I always find myself coming back for more. She thinks its cute, but it doesn't make her any more gentle. She's one mean, sexy mama.
proxy.php

Now that was funny. I admit, I do like the scent and I know, just like you, I will probably take another lashing.

And the worst thing is that when you first put it on, it burns a little, and you think, "Oh, that's not so bad." Then after about a second it really kicks in. And there's no escape. You just have to stand there and take it. But I keep coming back for more!

I use it from time to time, doesn't seem to burn any more then any other alcohol based AS. Usually just splash my face down thoroughly with cold water and apply over that.

Maybe my senses were preminately numbed from the years of using Aqua Velva as a teenager? :eek:

proxy.php

You couldnt have put it any better Pat!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Be careful, this is what got me addicted to bay rum. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I use it from time to time, doesn't seem to burn any more then any other alcohol based AS. Usually just splash my face down thoroughly with cold water and apply over that.

I got a bottle of it last week and it burned me a helluva lot more than Aqua Velva. I can't remember ever feeling a burn quite like that. I tried it a second time after a different cream to make sure it wasn't some weird reaction.. I like the Aqua Velva burn, but the Bay Rum was on an entirely different level.

The scent is nice, but I think it will take some getting used to for me to really like it.

Wow. I tried a splash of the Pinaud Bay Rum this morning and man, it was like someone lit my face on fire! My face turned all red and had to cool down. I put on some proraso aftershave cream to help sooth.

Yikes.

Just thought I'd share.

I hear if you light up a cigarette just after putting it on it helps.

:biggrin:

Just kidding. Don't try that.

I shave before I go to bed, and Pinaud's Bay Rum is great for me. The scent is gentle and it feels great on my face (after the glorious fiery prelude). I've used enough bottles of Aqua Velva to fill Lake Michigan, but the BR works better for me now. :smile:

Norm

Be careful, this is what got me addicted to bay rum. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Not all bay rums are quite so alcohol charged -- Dominica doesn't sting me at all. That said, I don't feel that the Pinaud BR sting is any worse than other aftershaves, so I guess this is one of those YMMV things...

Agreed -- bay rum is invigorating! Not sure what spices Pinaud adds, but there is a definite clove scent in there that makes it a bit different...

The first time I tried the Pinaud Bay Rum a few weeks ago I almost put my face through my bathroom counter. Later applications have been much better.

I'm glad to know it has a mule kick for others because I was wondering why my technique was so bad on the days that I used the bay rum to cause such a burn even after an application of Thayers WH did not even tingle. :001_rolle

I really like the duration of the scent though!

I have a question for those that experienced the "Pinaud burn". Do you use an alum block before you apply this stuff? I use the block, and don't get much burn from any aftershave. Just curious, as my shipment of Pinaud products arrives today and I want to be prepared for the magnitude of the burn I might get.

Thanks to all.

I really like the duration of the scent though!

Absolutely. I tell ya, I applied the aftershave in the morning and could still smell it on me in the evening. Very nice. When I get up enough guts, I'll have to try it again.

Top Bottom