What's new

Does French Green Clay Dry Out Your Skin?

I've noticed my skin has been much dryer since I started using French Green Clay, looks better, but's much dryer.

This could be coincidental, but also the clay could be pulling moisture from my skin as well?

Any thoughts?

From French Green Clay on Answers.com:

As a rule, French green clay masks should be used only once a week because the clay tends to dry the skin. In addition, cosmetics containing French green clay are not recommended for naturally dry or sensitive skins, as the mineral content of the clay is an irritant. Soaps made with French green clay should be used only for oily skin.

I usually toss on a few spritzes of QED Da Vinci Water after I wash off the mask and then a dab or two of Nancy Boy facial moisturizer and then I am good to go.

Yep, I also spray on some of the Da Vinci Water followed by moisturizer. Works like a charm.:gunsmilie: (ok I have no idea how this smilie pertains to my comment - I just like it)

I've noticed my skin has been much dryer since I started using French Green Clay, looks better, but's much dryer.

This could be coincidental, but also the clay could be pulling moisture from my skin as well?

Any thoughts?

Tim, how "potent" a mix are you making? Try dumming it down a little bit with some extra H20. IT will still work if its not pasty when you're applying it.

Tim, how often are you using it?

Once a week at most. And I always spritz off with Da Vinci Water and use a moisturizer. It may not actually be drying out my skin, but I got dry skin when I started using it, like I said it could be entirely coincidental, weather related, etc.

There is/was an organic French shampoo that contained green clay. It was intended for use on oily hair types. It smelled so badly that I've blocked the name of it out of my mind!

A facial mask made of green clay will help to remove dirt and oils from the skin. A follow-up treatment of moisturizing cream is always necessary after using it.

In general, our systems become more acidic as we age. A baby's skin is more alkaline, which is why Baby Shampoo works well for them. So, if you look for products in the 4.5 to 5.5 on the PH scale, you will be doing yourself a favor. :wink:

chop-chop

Top Bottom