What's new

Caught by swmbo!

While checking out an antiques web sight, my wife pulled up some safety razors. She pointed to one and said that it was sharp looking. I explained that it was a Gem Micromatic and that I had three of them (a big mistake). She then realized that I don't just shave with vintage razors, I collect them. It's taken her two years to figure this out. Oh well, the cats out of the bag.:blushing:

How did you hide that? My wife figured it out after the second paypal bill. My only saving grace is that it is still relatively cheap at his stage.

Last edited:
It's time to buy her a nice...hair dryer or maybe that promised dinner at your fav' restaurant...Girls want to be pampered, you'know...:rolleyes:

Grow your face hair out all until it looks all nasty and you look really bad. She then will start to nag you to shave and that you look super gross. Then you have a great reason to justify the shaving addictions. Then to really make it solid do this every once in a while as a reminder. Events are based on a true story. :blushing:

you only give answers that directly answer her question. Any more than that it gets you in trouble.:biggrin:

Heh, that's right. Never volunteer information that is on a need-to-know basis.

Loose lips sink ships :a44:

Two years for her to figure it out? Mine discovered it the second week!

Some guys are a bit more sneaky than others. I just leave mine out It's a don't ask don't tell kind of thing.
She did ask "Why do you have 5 razors?" I being quick on my feet told her "Just checking them out see which one I like the best. You know Kind of like you and shoes"
It was a long cold night on the couch. Hope she wasn't to uncomfortable! LOL
:lol::biggrin:

Some guys are a bit more sneaky than others. I just leave mine out It's a don't ask don't tell kind of thing.
Kinda tough for me to pull that off, seeing we work at the same place together, commute together and get home together. When a pile of boxes is waiting at the front door, she's no dummy unless they're for her. :bored:

Many times I collect the packages instead of my wife. Sometimes I just throw them in the garage and put them away at a later time. If it's something small, I'll open it.

My wife found out pretty quickly... I actually had to tell her about the B&B Carnival of Smiles and show her some threads just in case I won something and got another package in the mail. :lol:

My wife is happy that this costs a lot less than some of my former AD's (guitars, audio equipment, to name but two). Plus, it means I no longer mind going to the mall where they have L'Occitane, Sephora, BBW, TBS, C&E, AOS, etc., etc. :laugh:

I actually told my wife as soon as I was thinking about switching to DE razors and now she is calling me on the phone if she finds razors at an antique store or at a yard sale. I sure do love that woman!!

Top Bottom