What's new

tie brands

what are some of your favorites? I'm always at a loss as to which brands I should buy when I'm out and about. which brands are considered top of the line? i'm looking for new companies and vintage.

I generally go by how a tie looks and feels, though I am sure some members will be along shortly to highlight some brand names.

Ties popular 'round these parts are:

Armani
Gucci
Vivien Westwood
Ferragamo
Versace
Dunhill
Trussardi
Fattori
Paul Smith
Ermenegildo Zegna

The list goes on...I usually don't even look at the brand name when selecting ties...if it looks good and feels good then that's good enough for me. I then take it to my wife and say, 'Pleassssssse!' :biggrin:

I usually don't even look at the brand name when selecting ties...if it looks good and feels good then that's good enough for me. I then take it to my wife and say, 'Pleassssssse!' :biggrin:

unfortunately for me, price often dictates whether or not i'll buy a certain brand name tie, even if it is nice looking. I can't justify spending $50 for a tie that I might wear once in a year.

incidentally, I just bought a 4-tie lot on ebay for $13 shipping included.

Duchamp ties are awesome!

I've gotten hooked on seven-fold ties lately, though...especially the Robert Talbott's...(my wallet isn't particularly happy about this development, but man they look GREAT).

Kiton is the best I have ever seen and felt and go for $265 a pop at Saks. Borrelli is probably a close second IMO.

Armani
Gucci
Vivien Westwood
Ferragamo
Versace
Dunhill
Trussardi
Fattori
Paul Smith
Ermenegildo Zegna

Same here...and if your piggybank is well fed you can try Hermes at $ 180 each one but heavy silk and timeless...:bored:

Armani
Gucci
Vivien Westwood
Ferragamo
Versace
Dunhill
Trussardi
Fattori
Paul Smith
Ermenegildo Zegna

The list goes on...I usually don't even look at the brand name when selecting ties...if it looks good and feels good then that's good enough for me. I then take it to my wife and say, 'Pleassssssse!' :biggrin:

I'll add:

Brioni
Talbot
Marc Jacobs

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
How this thread got so far without mention of Drakes of London is beyond me!! :lol:

S

Sam

Well, I like generally all Robert Talbott lines, Best of Class usually. Have had Brionis and Zegnas. Depending on a sale, I would like Drakes, Duchamps, Borelli, Charvet, Canalis. But I usually but two or three ties on the semi-annual sales at the upper end men's stores when they go 50% off.

what are some of your favorites? I'm always at a loss as to which brands I should buy when I'm out and about. which brands are considered top of the line? i'm looking for new companies and vintage.

Good question as to what is considered top of the line. For more tradtional ties--much of what is being recommended in this thread seem pretty continental to me--I would say Ben Silver and J Press would be considered top of the line. In recent years Vineyard Brands ties have become hugely popular, and I guess they would be considered top of the line. I really like Brooks Brothers ties. Callilng them top of the line might be a stretch.

For a splurge, Charvet; otherwise Barney's made in Italy house label.

BTW, Barney's house label is pretty solid across the board from shirts and ties to suits to Loro Piano fabric overcoats.

im a big fan of the skinny knit ties, so a lot of the ones i get are pretty vintage and the labels are usually gone. there are though a couple of ebay sellers that sell them currently, but theres no brand on them. all my bow ties are brooks brothers as well as my regular ties. i wear either repp stripe or plaid.

This thread caught my eye and it made me think about the days that I would have to wear a suit and tie to work every day and the massive tie collection I gathered as a result.

I have a good 30-40 Versace ties that are in excellent condition but never get worn. Would any of the folks be interested if I listed them in the BST?

Top Bottom