What's new

SE Handles?

I bought a brush stand for $5.00 at a flee market and it came with a brush and a couple of handles. I assume they are some type of SE handles but there are no markings on them at all and they are totally different from each other. Anyone recognize these? Any guesses on age or manufacture? I started to just toss them in the trash, but thought I would ask first. Fred

Thanks! I guess I'll buy a pack of each, just to make them complete. I had no idea that anyone made solid brass handles for those type of blades. I just figured they would all be plastic. Of course, I've never used either a Track II or Astra, so my ignorance can be explained.:001_smile

Look like Atra / Trac II handles.

Both are handles for the Gillette Trac II, the first twin blade cartridge razor to be made. Many consider it to be the best cartridge razor ever made, and it shaves closest to a DE razor, as it doesn't pivot.

The Trac II debuted in 1971, so that would place the date of manufacture after 1971. If I were to take a guess, I would say the Mid 1980's.

Cartridges are still widely available. Wal-Mart sells the Personna Twin II cartridges for about $4 for a ten pack.

If you don't want the handles, there would be many people willing to take them off your hands on the board, I am myself in the market for a Trac II handle.

Last edited:
Thanks! I guess I'll buy a pack of each, just to make them complete. I had no idea that anyone made solid brass handles for those type of blades. I just figured they would all be plastic. Of course, I've never used either a Track II or Astra, so my ignorance can be explained.:001_smile

The Trac II, and Atra are not the same thing. Your handles will only fit the Trac II cartridges. The Atra is a pivoting head razor, and the mechanism for attaching the cartridge is totally different, than that of the Trac II (the cartridge of the Trac II simply slides onto the head of the razor).

The Atra was the next model in the Gillette cartridge line, after the Trac II, and is I believe the first cartridge razor to pivot.

Here are a couple of Atra handles, just to demonstrate the different method of attachment:

proxy.php

Also, all metal handles for the Trac II were quite common, and are still produced in multiple variations to this this day. :tongue_sm

Both are handles for the Gillette Trac II, the first twin blade cartridge razor to be made. Many consider it to be the best cartridge razor ever made, and it shaves closest to a DE razor, as it doesn't pivot.

The Trac II debuted in 1971, so that would place the date of manufacture after 1971. If I were to take a guess, I would say the Mid 1980's.

Cartridges are still widely available. Wal-Mart sells the Personna Twin II cartridges for about $4 for a ten pack.

If you don't want the handles, there would be many people willing to take them off your hands on the board, I am myself in the market for a Trac II handle.

Give me your address and I'll send them to you.

You Lucky dog Michigan.....I was reading the whole post in Hopes no one woild ask that question....Nice P/U...and Nice Gesture Old....

Top Bottom