What's new

Good inexpensive brush for soap?

On ny 3rd month of DE shaving. Trying to not change too many things at once. Currently using Col. Conk's Amber and a Tweezerman brush. This doesn't have enough backbone for a good face lather. Thinking of trying a boar brush. Suggestions? I am currently "underemployed" so price is a consideration.....

Bob G.

If you find the Tweezerman too soft, the Omega boar for under ten bucks is going to be the budget brush of choice.

Haven't seen any brick and mortar in the Seattle area...I'll ask on the Washington Wet Shavers group.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
+1 on Omega, it's a great brush!

On ny 3rd month of DE shaving. Trying to not change too many things at once. Currently using Col. Conk's Amber and a Tweezerman brush. This doesn't have enough backbone for a good face lather. Thinking of trying a boar brush. Suggestions? I am currently "underemployed" so price is a consideration.....

Bob G.

Omega boar pro.

I too use an Omega Pro Boar brush and really like. I mainly use soaps and there is not problems there. I might have preferred it to be slightly shorter but it definitely works :biggrin:

For inexpensive boar brushes either the Omega, HJM, or E&J ones have worked fine for me. The Omega as you can see is clearly the most popular here. I don't find them particularly ascetically pleasing though, personal preference since they all work about the same.

OK, ordered a #49 Omega and a tub of Proraso from theshaveden.com. At least this is a relatively cheap hobby........Thanks for the help!

Bob G.

My last hobby was Offshore Powerboat racing......Granted, with some rich guys money, but the trickle down was still expensive.....

Bob G.

4 days across the country, and lots of freebies thrown in. They seem to care about the first impression. I'm impressed!

Bob G.

OK, ordered a #49 Omega and a tub of Proraso from theshaveden.com. At least this is a relatively cheap hobby........Thanks for the help!

Bob G.

It starts out that way, then it turns into an addiction....

Any recommendations as to vendor?

I'd like to pick up a good beginner brush fro a co-worker.

West Coast Shaving

$11.07 shipped be sure to enter your zip code for accurate shipping costs.

My Omega Pro.
picture.php

Top Bottom