What's new

Does anyone polish their Merkur?

Hiya,

I just finished polishing my Mom's Gillette SS, and where I can see the value in doing that, I was wondering, if anyone here polishes their Merkur?

Thanks in advance,

I've read others here who use Scrubbing Bubbles on their Merkurs. But I haven't found a need to use anything other than hand soap. A little squirt, and I wash it by hand. That seems to remove any soap scum that accumulates on the razor.

The nickel plating on the old Gillettes is very thin and you can easily go through to the brass. The Merkurs are chrome plating and it's much thicker.

Merkur? Nope. I just cleaned up a gold and bakelite Eversharp Injector.. It was brilliant after a sit & scrub in CLR. I put some polish on it and it was a near futile task trying to get it off, not to mention buffed. I ended up dunking it back in the CLR.

-S

Most of the time, my 3 piece Merkur simply gets wiped on a face towel that's on it's way to the wash. It then shines like new.

a merkur is easy to polish because if it's new then the chrome finish will polish up nicely with just a towel.

Top Bottom