What's new

HEMA Trac II / Atra II blades

Our Dutch chain HEMA carries a blade (no lube strip, no manufacturer) that fits a Trac and an Atra. As I had picked up both a Feather Trac II handle and a Gillette Vector (Atra), I decided to try them. The Vector/Atra was first, as it is green (my favourite color).
Prep cocos oil soap, Palmolive cream and Omega 10098. Result: face good, neck not. No irritation to speak of.

Those HEMA blades were tested by the 'consumentengids' (a Dutch organisation testing consumer goods) and came out pretty badly; even the Aldi brand had a better score.

I never tried those myself but my father-in-law used to use these but backed away since quality dropped a couple of years ago.

Wait, does Aldi sell GII compatible cartridges?

Don't know; might have been a 3-blade system too. The test was about multiblades and I only checked it briefly since I have no real interest there.

The only reason I took a look was because it was about shaving (sort of) and my father-in law's complaints were confirmed. Oh, and in every test with an Aldi product in it I like to see how they are doing :biggrin:

Don't know; might have been a 3-blade system too.

I see. Many retail chains and supermarkets have their own house brand shaving stuff, but only HEMA seems to provide "legacy" stuff like DE blades and GII-compatible cartridges. It would be nice to have some competition in this area.

Our Dutch chain HEMA carries a blade (no lube strip, no manufacturer) that fits a Trac and an Atra. As I had picked up both a Feather Trac II handle and a Gillette Vector (Atra), I decided to try them. The Vector/Atra was first, as it is green (my favourite color).
Prep cocos oil soap, Palmolive cream and Omega 10098. Result: face good, neck not. No irritation to speak of.

Today in the Feather G2 / Trac2 handle. Same routine. Face good, neck still some rough spots, hardly any irritation. A bit better than the Vector/Atra.

Will do the same tests with Arko shave stick.

Last edited:
Those HEMA blades were tested by the 'consumentengids' (a Dutch organisation testing consumer goods) and came out pretty badly; even the Aldi brand had a better score.

I never tried those myself but my father-in-law used to use these but backed away since quality dropped a couple of years ago.

When was that, Harrie? Didn't know that, but was informed HEMA has complety changed their shaving line since about a month or so. As I had both a Trac / G2 and Atra 2 / Contour handle lying around, the idea of being able to buy locally blades for those (as a back up system) appealed to me.

BTW the 3 blade system of ALDI was the same / did fit the 3 blade system of HEMA (do not know if they have made changes here). I used ALDI, as they were cheaper....ALDI does not carry a 2 blade system (alas).

Last edited:
When was that, Harrie? Didn't know that, but was informed HEMA has complety changed their shaving line since about a month or so.

The test has been a while ago (probably over a year) but my father-in-law is still complaining about the HEMA twin blades...

I'll ask if he bought some recently.

A bit off-thread but Hema DE blades are pretty good in my opinion.

Certainly true, but that was different a couple of years ago. Quality dropped with every pack I bought and in the end at least 3 blades in a 10-pack were dull. I stopped buying them in the late 90's.
When I revisited them some time ago they were much nicer and more consistant so I stashed a few. But within a year from 1.35 to 2 euro makes them at 2 shaves/blade not very economical anymore.

Top Bottom