What's new

Feather No Sharpen razor

Gents,

I am in the market to buy another straight. I currently use replaceable blade straights and was wondering how the Feather no sharpen system stands as far as quality and comfort.

I just picked one up on the BST Forum a while ago. I like it a lot. Saves time compared to a traditional straight, but gives a fantastic straight-like shave. I'm using the professional blades and find that they work quite well for me - I consider myself to have about average beard - not too wiry, and not sensitive skin. I may try the professional supers in the future, but I'm quite happy with the shaves as they are.

I read Cheech's chronicles of the quality and learning curve here. There's also reviews for the AC and AC DX here.

If you buy it and don't like it, you won't have issues selling it.

I got one to try it and as far as quality and comfort it's great - the sharpest and smoothest edge, I've ever tried. I had no issues whatsoever with the rumored 'aggressiveness' of these - zero nicks weepers or irritation, but I've been shaving with straight razors for few years now.
However, so far I definitely prefer regular straights, the feather feels to me more similar to a DE razor not a straight. I can only see myself keeping it for travel or something.
You may like it though since you're using replaceable blades already. I find it noticeably better than the one replaceable blades razor I've used.

Top Bottom