What's new

National Airport in DC

Beautiful photo!

Wow, that is a very nice photo. What camera did you use?
Sue

*AHEM* :mad:

Would you ask Michelangelo what brush he used? Or hey, what kind of chisel did you use to sculpt the Pieta? Or ask Will Shakespeare, "What kind of quill did you use to write such beautiful sonnets?

Then why does everyone always ask, "What kind of camera did you use?" The art of photography involves a certain element of luck - being in the right place at the right time - to catch the right lighting and being able to frame and compose the image to convey the essence of the scene. Without the ability to know how you want the image to look and the message it will send, the best camera in the world will do you no good.

That said, all things being equal, an SLR is better than a point and shoot.

Sorry, Sue, but as a photographer that is a pet peeve of mine. Can you tell?

National Airport = Dulles?

Nope. National is also known as Reagan National by some (actually that is the official name, unless it was changed back to just National).
Dulles is a different airport altogether and serves domestic and international flights. As far as I know, National only serves domestic flights.

Great shot!

Last edited:
Wow, that is a very nice photo. What camera did you use?
Thank you - it's from an iPhone.

And yes, I was a pro for over a decade before switching to computer support. And yes, I've been able to take attractive shots with any camera given to me - it's not a function of having the best gear, but simply developing a good sense of composition and color.

Beautiful photo!

*AHEM* :mad:

Would you ask Michelangelo what brush he used? Or hey, what kind of chisel did you use to sculpt the Pieta? Or ask Will Shakespeare, "What kind of quill did you use to write such beautiful sonnets?

Then why does everyone always ask, "What kind of camera did you use?" The art of photography involves a certain element of luck - being in the right place at the right time - to catch the right lighting and being able to frame and compose the image to convey the essence of the scene. Without the ability to know how you want the image to look and the message it will send, the best camera in the world will do you no good.

That said, all things being equal, an SLR is better than a point and shoot.

Sorry, Sue, but as a photographer that is a pet peeve of mine. Can you tell?

No, I wouldn't have guessed.

I have a Pentax 35 mm with various lenses, I haven't used in years. It's been that long since I've taken a decent photo too.

(I'm typing this reply with a Compaq keyboard). :tongue:
Sue

No, I wouldn't have guessed.

I have a Pentax 35 mm with various lenses, I haven't used in years. It's been that long since I've taken a decent photo too.

(I'm typing this reply with a Compaq keyboard). :tongue:
Sue

:biggrin: The only problem with the Pentax is finding film for it. And sadly, yes, they did take my Kodachrome away.:mad:

I'm using an HP keyboard!:cool:

Top Bottom