What's new

New Old Spice--Am I Doomed?

I was at Target today, picking up a set of "Rock 'em, Sock 'em Robots" to amuse my daughter while she's down with the flu. While I was there I bought a bottle of the new Old Spice in the plastic jug. I just couldn't stop myself. I had been watching an old set of Old Spice AS and Cologne on eBay, but I said the heck with it. I can no longer be a prisoner of the past, a hostage to lost Shultonian dreams. My bottle of Ivory Club AS and new cologne are going to march proudly into the future.

On my way back from the store, I told my wife about how I agonized over this.

"Your kidding, right?"

Nid, I hate to tell ya, but Rock 'Em, Sock 'Em Robots were reformulated in 1996.

Hah! I can't believe I clicked on that.

I think that they have been redone a little. They look the same, but I think that they made the cut down from heavyweight to middleweight. They also don't make exactly the same ratcheting sound that they used to make when I was a kid. But they still fight. My daughter and I put the Red Rocker up against the Blue Bomber all afternoon.

And after I took a shower tonight, I slapped on that new Old Spice. Aaooo!

Now that I think about, it's kind of weird. I bought the reformulated Old Spice and the reformulated Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots. And I'm OK with that!

Ha, I can still smell the janitor-closet goodness of the Old Spice "Pure Sport" that I wore today at work. Three or four of my co-workers are probably still bleeding from their sinus cavities.

We are the New Old Spice. Prepare to be assimilated.

i use the new old spice quite often as and cologne and like it, course i don't know what the old stuff smells like so i dont think that i'm really missing anything. my only problem is that u practicaly have to shower with it to get it to last for any length of time.

"Shultonian (def). Of or pertaining to Shulton, the legendary producers of Old Spice."

Examples:

"I say, do you know Farthingdale in Acquisitions?"
"Know him? Why we're Old Shultonians!"

"Jeeves! Where's my blasted cologne?"
"At the risk of being a bit Shultonian m'lord, I've decanted some of the Club d'Ivoire. Shall I put it on the campaign table?"

"The Shultonian mists swirled around the ruins of Carfax Abbey."

"Shultonian (def). Of or pertaining to Shulton, the legendary producers of Old Spice."

Examples:

"I say, do you know Farthingdale in Acquisitions?"
"Know him? Why we're Old Shultonians!"

"Jeeves! Where's my blasted cologne?"
"At the risk of being a bit Shultonian m'lord, I've decanted some of the Club d'Ivoire. Shall I put it on the campaign table?"

"The Shultonian mists swirled around the ruins of Carfax Abbey."

I thought Old Spice was a classic American fragrance for classic American men. Why then do these Shultonians appear to be supercilious John Bulls?

Proctor and Gamble has taken over your souls!

proxy.php

Top Bottom