What's new

Mitchell's/Kent Wool Fat shaving soap on ebay

Did a quick search on the forums, and wanted to verify that the following auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/WOODEN-SHAVING-...449002QQihZ004QQcategoryZ106315QQcmdZViewItem

Is indeed the correct soap -- the Mitchell's (Kent) Wool Fat Shaving Soap that so many soap dudes rave about on here. ~$20 shipped for a wooden bowl and high quality shave soap is a good deal... I just want to make sure it's the right soap before I order.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has ordered from this ebay Seller before, and can vouch that the soap in the above auction is the Mitchell's Wool Fat soap (even though it's labeled Kent).

Wow. Did a quick search and the Mitchell's in what looks like a glass/ceramic bowl is $63.00 through an Amazon vendor. Refill alone is $20.00. That's some markup for a re-label.

I paid mine £15.95 with the ceramic bowl. And Kent is the relabel, not Mitchell.

£2.49 for a refill here

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Wow. Did a quick search and the Mitchell's in what looks like a glass/ceramic bowl is $63.00 through an Amazon vendor. Refill alone is $20.00. That's some markup for a re-label.
Just ordered Mitchell's Wool Fat Soap in the ceramic bowl from carbolic soap co. in England. Total cost with shipping is $44 USD. Not bad when you consider it is $63 USD from amazon or smallflower.

Hopefully this is the real deal, sure looks like it. And the price is right too just over $20 for 1 bowl and 1 puck. Problem is I already have two other soaps on route as we speak and explaining to swmbo why I ordered another one may be an interesting task. Here's the link if your interested last time I checked there were 2 left.

http://cgi.ebay.com/WOODEN-SHAVING-...137399QQihZ004QQcategoryZ106315QQcmdZViewItem

Yes, Sean, that is the real deal and you can be assured as you are ordering it directly from Kent's own site. Good price too.

I placed my order last night. I hope it works as good as my Tabac.

There are certainly some big fans of Kent/MWF around, but personally, I don't think it comes close to Tabac. Hopefully, you will have a better experience with it than I did.

Top Bottom