What's new

Which smaller Savile Row?

Hi all,

I recently owned a SR3824, which I thought was a fantastic brush. The value for money was superb.

The only thing I found was that it was just a touch too big for face lathering.

I'm now thinking I want one of the smaller SRs, but I can't decide which one.

The 3118 looks cute but I'm afraid it will be too small. The 3122 may not be significantly smaller than the 3124.

So shall I get the 3120? Or the 3122? Can anyone post any pics of both in relation to a 3824 for reference?

Thanks!

John

Tough choice, which is why I owned both. The 3120 lathered "big" and its shorter loft added just the right touch of firmness without throwing everything else that makes SR's so good, out of balance. I ended up preferring it. I wouldn't go any smaller, though.

I'll make it easy for you:

I have both the 3120 and the 3124.

The 3120 is the only brush I've used for the past two years... terrific brush.

Here you go: my 3824 & 3320

personal opinion - 18mm would be too small and 22mm would probably be too close to the 3824 (although I still get tempted to try a 3122 from time to time)

I use my 3320 much more than the 3824, both are great but I also find the 24mm just a little too big for every day use.
My 3320 and B&B '08 get the vast majority of the the work

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
The 3118 is my everyday brush, when I am not playing around with my boar. I exclusively face lather, and the brush is perfect IMO. 18 mm is not to small of a knot - it holds plenty of lather for 3-4 passes and the smaller relative size is perfect for face lathering.

The 3118 is my everyday brush, when I am not playing around with my boar. I exclusively face lather, and the brush is perfect IMO. 18 mm is not to small of a knot - it holds plenty of lather for 3-4 passes and the smaller relative size is perfect for face lathering.
I agree, the 3118 is great for face lathering and bowl lathering. It's small, but not too small for me (I am a small brush guy). The 3118 also doubles as a travel brush.

Dave

Top Bottom