What's new

Tony Miller Strops

Tony has another release date for his strops set for this next week. Unfortunatly I believe his prices went up. Last I looked it was 40 something now is 67 think.Darn... I cant afford it now. Not for a little bit anyway. So I'll be posting WTB soon. Thought I'd Let everyone else know though that they are available again soon. Buy them best you can mates!
-Mike

Last edited:
Tony is gonna have to confirm that but the prices look right to me, at least for the 2" I bought. Well worth it.

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
I think you may be remembering an Apprentice strop I made early last year for around $39 or maybe my 3" Artisan Lite which is a sinlge leather component, Dee ring grip starter that was $47.95. Neither of these is a product I offer at this point.

I have not raised my prices for nearly 2 years.:jump:

A full 3" Artisan has been $79.95 with handles or $69.95 with Dee Rings since Fall of 2007. I try to be more efficient rather than keep raising my prices. My "practice" strops help me recover much of the waste leather that would be thrown away as scrap and therefore not need to factor that into my prices the past 2 years. The practice strop did in fact go up last year.....from $6.50 to $7.50

I do have most everything made for Monday but may be away this weekend so would probably open on Tuesday AM or late Monday evening after dinnertime.

Thanks,
Tony

Tony,

You may have missed this when you went to Vendor school, but all manufacturers are required to sell at a loss and I think, if I remember correctly, that leather benders are asked to maximize that margin.

:wink2:

I think you may be remembering an Apprentice strop I made early last year for around $39 or maybe my 3" Artisan Lite which is a sinlge leather component, Dee ring grip starter that was $47.95. Neither of these is a product I offer at this point.

I have not raised my prices for nearly 2 years.:jump:

A full 3" Artisan has been $79.95 with handles or $69.95 with Dee Rings since Fall of 2007. I try to be more efficient rather than keep raising my prices. My "practice" strops help me recover much of the waste leather that would be thrown away as scrap and therefore not need to factor that into my prices the past 2 years. The practice strop did in fact go up last year.....from $6.50 to $7.50

I do have most everything made for Monday but may be away this weekend so would probably open on Tuesday AM or late Monday evening after dinnertime.

Thanks,
Tony

What he said.

My strop and a half was not cheap by your guys' standards. However, measured by the quality of the product and customer service I continue to receive, it was cheaper than dirt.

Tony you are absolutly right. I did not know the difference in the models you offered. I suppose I had my eye on your beginners strop, or maybe it was an apprentice. Sorry to have made the comment now. Anyway I'd love to buy one. But just you wait, I'll be ordering from you very soon. Soon as I can. And it shows a little something on you that you have not raised your prices in so long with the demand of your strops FAR exceeding your ability to supply. YO HO!
-Mike

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
Mike,
No problem, it was an honest mistake. I make a variety of models and I figured you may have remembered one of my more basic ones.

Ozzy, I use Priority Mail for all shipments, and base prices on actual weight and around a $1 handling fee to cover the thick wall shipping boxes I use. Rates vary from $5.95 for the east coast to around $9.80 for the west coast. Multiple items add weight which confuses my shipping calculator but if something looks out of line once I make labels I refund the excess.

Thanks,
Tony

You should think about flat rate boxes, Tony. They should keep things exactly the same and reliably fast every time.
I think for your strops the 7.80 box would be plenty big and it is the same price up to 70lbs.

Still loving the Latigo/Linen, and getting a horsehide/cotton for christmas...

You should think about flat rate boxes, Tony. They should keep things exactly the same and reliably fast every time.
I think for your strops the 7.80 box would be plenty big and it is the same price up to 70lbs.

Still loving the Latigo/Linen, and getting a horsehide/cotton for christmas...

I haven't found one that fits. And I've looked hard. :(

Besides, the big one costs more to ship than 2lb regular priority mail.

Top Bottom