What's new

Hygienic eBay?

Hello everyone….I'm new on this, and I’m looking to buy my first straight razor…

Is hygienic doing it in eBay? (for used ones)

What should I do to clean and sterilize them?

Thanks in advance for your help

Thanks for you help....

I want this one to learn how to hone and strop.....

But I'm little worried about the hygienic part....

new razors have never been used, but you could sterilize it if you wanted.

Used razors are fine, just pick up some barbicide or something (amazon.com has it) to clear your mind of any issues with it being used.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I'd suggest staying away from the cheap Pakistani razors you'll see everywhere. They're junk.
It's a good idea to get a cheap user to practice on, but in order to be able to gauge your progress, you'll need some sort of a reference. Get a shave ready razor from one of the local honemeisters so you'll know what sharp means.

Thank you....Im trying to be away from the Pakistani Razors, I have heard a lot of bad things about them....

But sometimes I don't know how to know if they are Pakistani....

Thanks!

ouch

The giveaway is usually some phrase such as "best quality".:001_rolle

ouch

A very reputable seller is altima55. His auctions always end Sunday evening, and he delivers a very nice product. If you have some patience and a bit of luck, you can get a nice one for a song.

mmm...so almost all of them are Pakistani....he he eh eh

altima55 has great items....now I know how good can look a used razor.....thanks for the tip...I will be patient

A very reputable seller is altima55. His auctions always end Sunday evening, and he delivers a very nice product. If you have some patience and a bit of luck, you can get a nice one for a song.

I bought an altima55 razor. It came in shave ready condition, and sparklingly clean. It's the best straight razor I've purchased on eBay so far.

To clean an ebay razor just pour some rubbing alcohol on the blade and then let it air dry. Rinsing with water and then wiping it off would also work. No need to buy anything to clean a razor for hygenic purposes.

Yeap altima55 have a very nice products...Im guessing how high will the prices rise.......

So the alcohol will be enough?

Regards

Altima's does have a great rep, but because of that I think the prices his razor's go for are a little high. You can get an equally good used (and shave ready) razor off of Joe Chandler for less.

Also a good way to know what is, and is not a Pakistani razor is to know where the blade was made. If it was made in Germany, France, UK, USA chances are its a good blade (just don't buy the Master USA blades). If the seller doesn't say you can always ask. Usually the country the blade was made is engraved on the shank.

Thanks for your comments....

Who is Joe Chandler ? Does he have an online store?

He does, here. But there's very little for sale at the moment. He's also a forum member here (same name), so you can PM him with any questions. He's currently doing a refurbish on two my razors at the moment. They're gonna rock once he's done with them! :biggrin:

I will be happy to Give you one of the razors I used when I started. It might not be a real gem, but will have probably another100 years left in it. Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks for you help....

I want this one to learn how to hone and strop.....

But I'm little worried about the hygienic part....

I suggest getting one thats shave ready, bought from anyone of the people suggested.

I have one for you thats sharp. As I said, I will give you to learn your honeing and stroping skills on. Its already sharp anad capable of being every bit as sharp as one you would buy (shave ready). Starting your shaveing with a (shave ready) razor will more likely insure that you will continue to straight shave. Also, you will have a better feeling of what to strive for in your work. If interested I will even ship it free. I assure you it will be sterile when it leaves my hands. Let me know.

Top Bottom