What's new

Do you find yourself buying one brand consistently?

S

Sam

I just put three ties up on Ebay (one Brioni, two Talbott and PM me if you want a link), and went shopping tonight for ties. I used to shop at Jos. A Bank a lot but since I found Robert Talbott ties, I find that going back to Bank, or even Macy's, the ties just do not seem to move me. I dont like paying twice as much for this tie than I could get at the other places, but I just can not seem to find myself liking anything other than Talbott, some Zegnas, and upper end stuff. How did I end up like that?

Yes, I have a tendancy to buy what works and not buy this and that. I normally buy the same item over and over, but not always.

Now I dont buy ties, but yes, I do find myself buying the same brand most of the time. If I find that something works I tend to stick with it. I do try other things but I have a hard time justifying spending money sometimes one the not knowing factor. On items like clothing I think that certain brands just speak to you in a strange sort of way. They appeal to your senses and that is just what draws you in. Just my opinion of course.

i believe in consumer loyalty to some degree if a company produces a product that i enjoy and is quality i will buy that product untill i no longer have a need or the quality of the product declines and i don't mind paying a little more for something i enjoy using and or somthing i'm familiar with though sometimes i do like to try new things.

According to my wife I have no taste in ties. She likes picking them out for me. She seems to go to Mens Wearhouse a lot.

If I find something that offers me a particular experience that I appreciate like value, comfort, reliability, etc. - then yes, I buy that brand consistently.

Its really funny that you bring up this topic. My wife and I were discussing the other day which brands fit best for my body type. I'm not fat, but have an athletic build; 5' 10", 190lbs, 44" chest, 34" waist and 16.5 to 17-33 neck (defending on the brand). I wear suits 2-3 times a week and prefer slim fit shirts because regular fit shirts bunch-up in my suit and the arm holes are lower. Brooks Brothers non-iron slim fit shirts are great but they're styles are limited so I've been buying Hugo Boss and Charles Tyhritt dress shirts. I find my self buying 2 wardrobes, work and special occasion. My work wardrobe consists of Brooks Brothers & Tyhritt dress shirts and ties because if spill coffee on them, I'm not to terribly upset and its an easy cleanup. You are correct, Talbot ties are great, I bought a couple at the Talbot boutique in Carmel a couple months ago.

i buy a lot of brooks brothers a lot, but im trying to break that habit. i hope.

I like Brooks Brothers and shop there when I can.

Still I noticed over the many years how the quality of the clothing would change.

No doubt it was due to the ownership changing hands so many times.

I am a sucker for Charles Tyrwhitt shirts, but I am not a huge fan of their ties. Too "old-school-tie," ironically. Believe it or not I am a big fan of Sean John ties. For higher end stuff I gravitate towards Ted Baker and Ben Sherman.

I seem to be a big fan of Ben Silver ties. Brooks Brooks ties to a bit lesser of an extent.

Joseph A. Banks ties, and a lot of other ties i own look pretty much the same (Hillfiger and Nautica come to mind), but I do not end up as drawn to them as the Ben Silver and Brooks ties I own. I also find that while in theory I like other patterns in ties, too, I basically wear rep striped ties more than any patterns. They just seem to be the ones that appeal to me every darn morning.

Top Bottom